Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the side covers for the bike has a broken TAB, so it won't stay connected properly. It doesn't fall off, but it looks bad.

To make a long story short, does anyone know if model years 1999+ side covers will fit a model year 1998? I'm specifically asking if anyone has any experience with this. The reason being, In 1999, they started making the frames slightly different. I can see just by looking at the side covers from a 2002 model that they are shaped differently, but they still have the same tabs in the same places. So it makes me want to believe it will work.

P.S. I can find newer model year side covers for one quarter of the price... which is why I'm asking the question!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Is the tab broken on the cover or is the grommet on the frame damaged. JB Weld works wonder on that type of thing. Is the 2002 you compared from a picture or can you get acess to the bike? Might have to find another 600 to test with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.