Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is that it didn't start acting up until after I was home.

The bad news:

A few months ago, it started refusing to start unless it was in neutral. I used to be able to just pull the clutch and hit the starter without any trouble at all. No big deal, since I should be starting in neutral anyway, but since I don't know if it's related, I figured I'd mention it.

Today: Rode in to work with no issues (about 15 miles of two lane 55mph highway). Bike sat in the parking lot, in the sun, all day. Rode back, no issues other than a few kamikaze bugs that thought my faceshield was a great thing to collide with. Let the bike sit in the driveway (again, in the sun) for about 15 minutes while I have a quick chat with my neighbor. Go to pull the bike around and into the garage, and it dies when I put it in gear. Back to neutral, starts right back up. Shift into first, and it dies. "OK" I says to myself "We'll try second". Same deal, as soon as it engages, the engine dies.

It's in the garage now, cooling off. I'm going to back out this evening and see if it behaves any better -- if it is, then my conclusion would be that something is overly temperature sensitive, but I don't know what it would be.

Is there anything specific I should be looking at?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. Corroded wire on the kickstand switch; clutch switch was fine. Couple minutes with the soldering iron and a little heat-shrink tubing and it's behaving itself again. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts