Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a VTX headlight on the way and wondered if I need to get a new headlight stay for it, Looks similar but can't test fit until I actually have the light, Those that have done the mod, Did you use the one already on the bike or did you get one for a VTX to mount on your bike. If I need the VTX headlight stay I'd like to order it now so I can just get it on hopefully this weekend if it's warm enough out there. Headlight should be here in a few days.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you should order a headlight stay for the vtx headlight, thou they may look similar they are not. The part number for the stay you need is 61312-MEA-670.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did a bunch of research on it, getting ready to install on on my buddies 98 vt750cd. I gathered a bunch of part numbers from various websites (due to the fact I could not find a whole headlight assembly) I am forced to order it piece by piece. Here is a list of the parts I compiled so far to get the job done:

(1) 33120-MEA-671 Headlight unit

(1) 61301-MCH-670 Headlight case

(1) 61302-MCH-670 Rim

(1) 61312-MEA-670 Stay A for headlight

(2) 90104-KZ3-B00 Screw, special (5MM)

(3) 90380-GE2-760 Screw 5x9.5MM

(2) 93903-44210 Screw (tap (4x10)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just ordered it, Found one place that had it for $27 but turned out they wanted $20 for there cheapest shipping LOL so I ordered it from bikebandit for $37 I originally had a place that had it for $20 but for the life of me I can't remember the place, and besides they would most likely of charged a arm and leg for shipping. Watch I'll get the headlight and the stay will be included LOL it's however NOT in the pic or description so I'm not counting on it being there. I hope I can find the hardware, I do have access to a LOT of metric so most should be on hand. Deal with that when the time comes.
Str8jacket this is a good writeup on the headlight installation with all part numbers required and the how to when ordering just the parts.
http://www.gonzos-garage.com/bike/vtx_headlight_upgrade.htm

Dauntae

1 - 4 of 4 Posts