Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....I did the search thing but could not fine the info I was looking for. Ive heard a lot about the WalMart filters that can be used in our bikes.....anyone know of a sizing chart? Mine is a 1996 VT1100C. I use frams right now from Advance Auto. Was wondering if there is a cross reference chart or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all........I'll check out using alternative.......Great Link there MarkC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
WalMart Filters

These filters are made by Champion Labs. They are the largest filter manufacturer in the world outside of the Auto Industries internal manufacturing. They make filters for all the Auto companies. They also make the Lubrefiner systems that Semis use.
I use them whenever possible on anything I own that takes a filter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Just for future reference, our Shadows use the same filters as the Honda Civics do. If your brain works like mine sometimes, it's easier to remember that fact than an actual part number if you don't have it written down at the moment you decide to buy one.

Yall ride safe...
TJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
TJMac said:
Just for future reference, our Shadows use the same filters as the Honda Civics do. If your brain works like mine sometimes, it's easier to remember that fact than an actual part number if you don't have it written down at the moment you decide to buy one.

Yall ride safe...
TJ
And just to make it easier to remember they use the same filter as the Nissan Murano and Vulcan VN750. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
TJMac said:
Just for future reference, our Shadows use the same filters as the Honda Civics do. If your brain works like mine sometimes, it's easier to remember that fact than an actual part number if you don't have it written down at the moment you decide to buy one.

Yall ride safe...
TJ
And just to make it easier to remember they use the same filter as the Nissan Murano and Vulcan VN750. :wink:
And the mid 90s Mazda 323 and 626.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
that oil filter study was done several years ago, and on truck V8 engine filters.

I think its not unreasonable to think that the design or manufacturer has changed in 4 years, as well as wonder about the differences in the actual filters part number by part number.

that Fram PH8a that they said was so horrible was used on My MGB and Ford truck for YEARS without problems.

Im not saying that Fram filters are great, IM simply saying that without comparing the actual filters we are considering at this point in time ( same part numbers, and 2006-2007 product runs) then we arent really looking at the right data.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
OzarkJeep said:
that oil filter study was done several years ago, and on truck V8 engine filters.
I think its not unreasonable to think that the design or manufacturer has changed in 4 years, as well as wonder about the differences in the actual filters part number by part number.
that Fram PH8a that they said was so horrible was used on My MGB and Ford truck for YEARS without problems.
Im not saying that Fram filters are great, IM simply saying that without comparing the actual filters we are considering at this point in time ( same part numbers, and 2006-2007 product runs) then we arent really looking at the right data.
I have cut open the fram motorcycle specific oil filters that is used on OUR bikes "Personally" (two different times) they are trash!
MarkC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
recently?

were the problems the same as the article? cardboard end caps glued in, and badly fitting Antidrainback valve?

thats good enough for me if you have done it, I just hated to rely on OLD information.

just like the supertech oil filters changing from USA to Mexico, things change.

just making sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
OzarkJeep said:
recently?

were the problems the same as the article? cardboard end caps glued in, and badly fitting Antidrainback valve?

thats good enough for me if you have done it, I just hated to rely on OLD information.

just like the supertech oil filters changing from USA to Mexico, things change.

just making sure.
exactly :!: I promise :!:
MarkC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Dude. Walmart filters. Just say no. You'll get a better quality of filter at your local auto parts store. And for the amount of times that you'll change it through the year is the couple of dollars difference really worth it?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top