Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie. Just joined. Bought this project 1995 Honda shadow 600 for 1200 dollars. Needs some work. Fork seals, fenders, seat, gas tank repaired. Motor runs like poop. Never had a vtwin, let alone something that was carbed. I'm mechanically inclined, so I'm gonna put alot of my own time into it. I only plan todrop another 1000 into it. Let me know what u think

·
Registered
104 Posts
The look of that bike is great where it is. Love the bobber. Fix engine, tank, seals, seat if really bad and leave the rest imho.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Good luck with that. I would have tried to pay alot less for that bike in that condition (16 year old bike in poor condition with a 600CC engine)....

·
Registered
847 Posts
The look of that bike is great where it is. Love the bobber. Fix engine, tank, seals, seat if really bad and leave the rest imho.
+1
I love the bobber look. I wish I'd kept my Suzuki Savage to make into a bobber. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good luck... My opinion (and only that) is... if you plan on putting another $1000 into it... You could have got a newer model VLX in good shape for around the $2200 bucks you're planning to pay for this 95 model.

I paid $1600 for this 750 Ace 02 model and modded it for another $1200. Total in, $2800.

Bought it like this, which is stock ... (pillion seat already off):

And turnied it into this: With Shield, loweres, lightbar, crashbars, Kuryakyn pegs and highway pegs and grips, fender rack, hardbags, driver backrest, front fender rail.

I could bring it back to stock with a days work... sell it for approx. $2600 and sell off all the goodies for another $1000 or try to get $3700 for it as it sits with the bling.
I just sold another 03 Ace that I set up very similar for $3700. couple months ago.
Here it is:

I always like seeing a good project come out nice ... so keep us informed on your project. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hmmmmmm .... I would have tried to talk them down a bit. I only paid $1,500 for black betty....

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I think you overspent, but your money is gone now, just fix it the way you want it and ride it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts