Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am pretty sure my water pump is bad. Its leaking out the weep hole. I have never done this on a bike before and I read you have to remove the engine to replace the pump. Is this entirey true? I have a 93 VT1100C

I do have some mechanical ability being an aircraft mechanic for the past 14 years, but I truely dont know what I will be getting into with this project. Is this something I should have a shop do or can I realisticly do it myself?

Any advice...tips....or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tell you what this is some project. Seat and tank removed.....pipes removed....throttle cable and carbs removed...I called it quits for the night. Tommorrow going to disco motor mount bolts slide a jack under too see if I get the room to pull the water pump out. Who would have thought this much work would go into replacing a freaking water pump...Haha

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am sorry about that, I hear it is a cusser.
I have a friend who just changed his, he said his engine was unbolted and just about out, he was able to get the water pump out without entirely removing the engine. Just be careful and don't drop anything.
He had bolts removed, had the engine tilted (with friend helping, and he reached under there and got it out.
Dan

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I tell you what this is some project. Seat and tank removed.....pipes removed....throttle cable and carbs removed...I called it quits for the night. Tommorrow going to disco motor mount bolts slide a jack under too see if I get the room to pull the water pump out. Who would have thought this much work would go into replacing a freaking water pump...Haha
Use new exhuast gaskets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i got everything on and went to leak check and it leaked where the water pipe goes into the pump case. My bad for not changing that seal. did everything again replaced the seal and it still leaked from the same spot.

Does anyone have any ideas or run into the same problem. I am at a loss. I dont know why it is leaking from there......HELP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.