Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bigger pic.

Fresh snow and frigid temps kept me off the roads today. So I strapped on an old pair of wooden snow shoes and headed out. Found this nice frozen stream bed and got to thinking maybe next summer if we have a particularly dry period I might try riding the water under the bridge. :)

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slamd_S_Dyme said:
Nice pic sanoke, wish I had some snow here in Va.
Thanks. You're certainly welcome to some of ours. It's snowing again today. I like snow but this is starting to get ridiculous. :cry:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sanoke said:
Slamd_S_Dyme said:
Thanks. You're certainly welcome to some of ours. It's snowing again today. I like snow but this is starting to get ridiculous. :cry:
Amen to that John! :)

my bike hasnt seen the light of day for 4 weeks.
it is in a shed in the back yard...... still under a deep snow drift.
got to get to it soon. if for nothing else to charge the battery.
it has a new AGM bat. so iam not too worried.
but, like you say this snow is getting ridiculous.
got spoiled, i guess, with all the mild winters we have had lately.
thought i would be able to ride at least once a week. forget that now.

hey! another nice pic.

droy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow. Great Pic. Someone really aught to compile some of these great Pics into a Forum Calender or something. I Would buy it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Beautiful shot sanoke! We've yet to have any real snow here in Boston. I wish you guys could take a break and us here in the NE could get a little!

G

·
0 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Beautiful shot sanoke! We've yet to have any real snow here in Boston. I wish you guys could take a break and us here in the NE could get a little!
WHOA !! Negatory Negatory..scratch that last transmission!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I actually rode in a short flurry of snow last week here in Maryland, but other than that it's been nuthin' but balmy here. I kinda miss the snow....

Radar

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah, this snow is getting utterly ridiculous. My poor baby has been sitting under her blankie in the yard for a month now.
We've been trying to get her to the shop for a tire change for the last 4 weeks, the shop finally called yesterday and offered to come pick her up. I think they want their money :wink: .

ShadowMom

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know, Rocky Mountain winters have a way of humbling you. About 20 years ago, I bought a Toyota 4-wheel drive pickup. That thing seemed like it could go anywhere so one day I took it up an old mining road in the mountains and promptly high centered it on a 5 foot drift. Took the next 2 hours digging it out. This winter is reminding me of things like that. Reminds me how much respect I have for a hard winter. It's also teaching me to be patient. It can't last forever. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Shadow Mom said:
Yeah, this snow is getting utterly ridiculous. My poor baby has been sitting under her blankie in the yard for a month now.
We've been trying to get her to the shop for a tire change for the last 4 weeks, the shop finally called yesterday and offered to come pick her up. I think they want their money :wink: .

ShadowMom
"UNDER HER BLANKIE" bruuuur, makes me shudder. Put her inside, Mom. :twisted:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Slamd_S_Dyme said:
I can't figure out why anyone would want snow...I guess a Northerner wishing for snow is kinda like a Southerner wishing for warm weather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts