Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Shadow a few weeks ago.
When I ride my FJR, none of the cruiser riders wave to me.
When I ride my Shadow, all wave, except for the few who must be either too cool or don't approve of my full-face helmet and synthetic jacket. I just wave to them all anyway.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I wave at everyone, even scooter riders. I figure that if you're brave enough to get out there on two wheels, then I should show you a little respect.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I'm with simpleman, I wave to everyone willing to face the dangers of 2 or 3 wheeled travel.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I wave at everyone too..but most of the sport bike kids don't wave back.

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I wave to everyone. Here in Columbus, GA a lot of crotch rockets wave back at me. Honestly, the only ones that don't wave at me are the "Uppety" Harley riders here. We're a Harley town, so we have our bad half of the 1%'s riding around.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Blue dad, I'm curious, what bike is that? Spirit 750?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am also a fan of the wave or nod. It's just a little show of respect and courtesy to my fellow riders.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Around here, in super friendly Canada:

Sportbikes: 50% wave first, 30% will return my wave
Metrics: 90% wave rate
Harleys: 30% wave first, 40% will return my wave

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wave to all of em. Only time I don't do a full arm dropped down is when I'm just taking off from a light and I gotta keep on the clutch, or when slowing down to a stop. Those people just get the point from the handlebars.
Around here I find that I pretty much get it 99% back, no matter if it's a sportbike or a Harley.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 14 year old son rides with me alot on the the bike, and he always jokes about waving to other riders.

He told me the other day, while out riding his bicycle, he rode by a motorcycle cop and just out of habit waved. The copy smiled and waved back. I guess he was waving all the time I was as well.

Gypsyjuggler

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live about two miles out of the Roswell city limits in farm and ranch country. When I ride into town or stop at the plesant little little park on the way, just about everyone waves at me. Doesn't matter if I'm on my 125 motor scooter or my Shadow 750 I almost always get the wave. I sure wish the general public knew what fine people bikers can be.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I also have always waved, other than in tight corners. Most rider wave back. A few Harley riders don't, most sporty's do. However the biggest % of non wavers I see are BMW riders. I often ride with a buddy who is ow on a Harley, but before that road a BMW K bike. He told me it really pissed him off that the majority of BMW riders wouldn't wave back, because the K bikes do not have the cylinders sticking out like the R bikes & they didn't recognize his bike as part of the clan.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm a waver, also..

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
I have to say, I wave at every 2 or 3 wheeled rider. I have noticed the scooter riders always have shocked look when I wave. My Brother rides a HD and waves at all riders also.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, Tazman... I don't get the BMW riders... I have yet to have one wave back at me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In BC Canada only some HD riders don't wave. Deep respect to all who ride!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts