Honda Shadow Forums banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,820 Posts
And where is the EDIT BUTTON SO THAT I CAN EDIT MY POST??????????? 8^,,,,,(((((((((
Try reading

At the top of the post you want to edit there is a link to Edit:

View attachment 282158

I still have the option to edit 10 hours later (not sure what the current time limit is).

I agree, no reason to get so upset, this forum is small and is not monitored 24/7.
I have quite a few gripes about the new software, and am posting what I find annoying or lacking, but not getting angry about it because it is not fixed in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd like to suggest a reduction in redundancy. the 'zigzag' arrow button opens a menu for "recent, popular, etc" options, but the page it takes you to has those same options as tabs across the top of the list. How about getting rid of the pop-up menu behind that button and have it just take you to that page, remembering which tab you last chose, and make that last selection the active tab.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I'd like to suggest a reduction in redundancy. the 'zigzag' arrow button opens a menu for "recent, popular, etc" options, but the page it takes you to has those same options as tabs across the top of the list. How about getting rid of the pop-up menu behind that button and have it just take you to that page, remembering which tab you last chose, and make that last selection the active tab.
Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback!

Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share. Although we may not action everything, we are logging what users are saying. We will be continuously updating design and user experience with weekly updates.

- Cricket

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,909 Posts
I finally made it in through Tapatalk! Force stop, uninstall, reinstall, clear cache. But I had to manually sign in. If I answered yes "I'm blue flames log me in" it failed. But signing in manually did the trick!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,765 Posts
I find one at the top left above the text box,when I have written and need to correct.

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
952 Posts
Can we have the ability to adjust the number of posts per page?
It is set to 20 with no way to change it. I'd like it to have the option of 100 (most forums allow several choices, 20-40-60 etc, not many actually allow 100). I would rather have a 1 page thread instead of 5.
Again, my big gripe seems to be this new forum software requires more clicking than before/needed.

And slightly related, if I want to quote someone with a post on page 3 (by clicking the "Reply" button) but click to page 4 before "saving" the draft, it disappears.
Can the quote save between page clicks without me having to "save" the draft (just have it auto save).
I know it does auto save after a period of time, but set a flag so if the next page is clicked, the reply box is automatically saved?

Another thing that bugs me, posts only show who started the post (like in the New Posts or Popular sections), not the last person that posted. Not a huge thing, but seeing the last person that posted is something I like to see (and am used to seeing in all forums).

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Another thing that bugs me, posts only show who started the post (like in the New Posts or Popular sections), not the last person that posted. Not a huge thing, but seeing the last person that posted is something I like to see (and am used to seeing in all forums).
[/QUOTE]
I'd like to second this motion^^^^

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,765 Posts
I was on a page and there were small check boxes on the right hand side of the conversation titles. So I check a few that I had replied to and now I can't find that page again. But I don't what it did anyway since it didn't seem to change any new or populat posts or alerts. Just a Curiosity.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I finally made it in through Tapatalk! Force stop, uninstall, reinstall, clear cache. But I had to manually sign in. If I answered yes "I'm blue flames log me in" it failed. But signing in manually did the trick!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Good news, glad it got sorted.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Can we have the ability to adjust the number of posts per page?
It is set to 20 with no way to change it. I'd like it to have the option of 100 (most forums allow several choices, 20-40-60 etc, not many actually allow 100). I would rather have a 1 page thread instead of 5.
Again, my big gripe seems to be this new forum software requires more clicking than before/needed.

And slightly related, if I want to quote someone with a post on page 3 (by clicking the "Reply" button) but click to page 4 before "saving" the draft, it disappears.
Can the quote save between page clicks without me having to "save" the draft (just have it auto save).
I know it does auto save after a period of time, but set a flag so if the next page is clicked, the reply box is automatically saved?

@blupupher

These are all common feedback and things that we will be working on as we develop the product roadmap.

Right none of them are a quick fix, however. I am pretty sure we should see (Last Poster) in thread view soon however.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was on a page and there were small check boxes on the right hand side of the conversation titles. So I check a few that I had replied to and now I can't find that page again. But I don't what it did anyway since it didn't seem to change any new or populat posts or alerts. Just a Curiosity.
Was it this section?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
This has been submitted to the development team. This is something I miss as well.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
A few more people have asked me about this, so I am posting the mini-tutorial here.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Forum Section.
You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward-pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop-down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default. Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,765 Posts
Yes thanks Jeff. Now I have figure out what to do with the checks.
Do all new forums need an instruction manual when it is new? I never have been on a new one before. But I did have to learn my way around the old forum.
It will all work out - you guys are trying very hard !
Thanks again.

Reactions: KiwiRider

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes thanks Jeff. Now I have figure out what to do with the checks.
Do all new forums need an instruction manual when it is new? I never have been on a new one before. But I did have to learn my way around the old forum.
It will all work out - you guys are trying very hard !
Thanks again.
We are actually working on a much better FAQ to help people. I hope to see this soon.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
I wish someone would tell me how to see pics again in tapatalk. I see some in previews but NONE in threads! Most pics worked last week, just not all. Now NONE. We KNOW tapatalk didn't change anything....
Is anyone else here using tapatalk and seeing pics? Can you post a pic and see it?
Hate to complain, but....half the fun here us seeing cool mods, helping answer questions by viewing pics and then posting some....
Rant over for now.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Can we please return the previous software.
I am sorry but that isn't an option. Give it a little time. We will be having weekly updates to get things right.

I wish someone would tell me how to see pics again in tapatalk. I see some in previews but NONE in threads! Most pics worked last week, just not all. Now NONE. We KNOW tapatalk didn't change anything....
Is anyone else here using tapatalk and seeing pics? Can you post a pic and see it?
Hate to complain, but....half the fun here us seeing cool mods, helping answer questions by viewing pics and then posting some....
Rant over for now.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
We have been in contact with the Tapatalk support team. Tapatalk has confirmed this is an issue on their side and it will be addressed in a future release of the app. Once Tapatalk has released a fix, this issue should be resolved by updating the app to the most current version. We don’t have an ETA for the new release. Hopefully, that helps provide a bit more clarity on this frustrating issue.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
952 Posts
Any update on WYSIWYG option? This thread.

How about profile pics? This thread

How about option for posts per page? This post

Also any way to have full quotes show in the messages? Any long quotes I have to click the quote to see the entire quote. Again, this software seems like it gets joy from making me have to click more and more. What used to take one or two clicks (or even none!) now requires more mouse clicks to do the same thing.

And signatures, any chance it will go back to how it was before, or at least less restrictive? The current restrictions are way to limiting.
My current signature is "not allowed" but is grandfathered in. I understand not wanting crazy long sigs, but mine takes up no more space than many others here, and while I have 4 links in my sig, 3 are internal to this site, with only 1 being external to fuelly.com

61 - 80 of 116 Posts