Honda Shadow Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Any update on WYSIWYG option? This thread.

How about profile pics? This thread

How about option for posts per page? This post

Also any way to have full quotes show in the messages? Any long quotes I have to click the quote to see the entire quote. Again, this software seems like it gets joy from making me have to click more and more. What used to take one or two clicks (or even none!) now requires more mouse clicks to do the same thing.

And signatures, any chance it will go back to how it was before, or at least less restrictive? The current restrictions are way to limiting.
My current signature is "not allowed" but is grandfathered in. I understand not wanting crazy long sigs, but mine takes up no more space than many others here, and while I have 4 links in my sig, 3 are internal to this site, with only 1 being external to fuelly.com
Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share. Although we may not action everything, we are logging what users are saying. We are continuing to make improvements through weekly updates (approximately). We will not get there overnight, but we will get there, one step at a time. You can see the most recent updates here.

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guest and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Previous signatures were grandfathered in, so these changes won’t take effect until they update their signature.

- Cricket

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Thanks for listening. it is a big process it looks like. And thanks for the 3rd column that shows who posted last. I really missed that because it remeinds me which of the threads I was last on and when.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Under the Member Introductions, it says you have to post 3 threads in here to have your account fully activated.

Q: Why would a new member need to post 3 new threads in the introduction section?

Or do I misunderstand and it means 3 threads on the board? Or does it mean 3 posts?

Inquiring minds and all ......

·
Administrator
10,490 Posts
Under the Member Introductions, it says you have to post 3 threads in here to have your account fully activated.

Q: Why would a new member need to post 3 new threads in the introduction section?

Or do I misunderstand and it means 3 threads on the board? Or does it mean 3 posts?

Inquiring minds and all ......
Good question,
Before the change in software - the version that you see now - all new members were required to post three separate threads in the new member's section. These threads were vetted by the moderators to ensure that they were not done by spammers. You see, at one point this forum was being overrun by spammers. We tried a number of different things to slow done or stop them but all to no avail. Finally, we came upon the three thread rule where a new member's posts would not be visible to the membership until they were approved by the moderators.
Since the conversion to the new software we have had one spammer on the board, that was quickly banned. As it stands now, new members do not have to post three threads in the new member's section. If no new influx of spammers occurs we can remove the three thread description. Now you no the rest of the story.

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
So, are we still blaming Tapatalk for pic issues?
Isn't there a way to I'm change something?

Or is there something I haven't done to let pics now be seen? I doubt it, but can anyone see tapatalk pics? Or is this a total shaftimg like Photobucket did us, making most threads of old useless?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
So, are we still blaming Tapatalk for pic issues?
Isn't there a way to I'm change something?

Or is there something I haven't done to let pics now be seen? I doubt it, but can anyone see tapatalk pics? Or is this a total shaftimg like Photobucket did us, making most threads of old useless?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The pictures can still be seen (in most cases) using web view from Tapatalk.

We are still working with them to find a solution.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
This what some photos look like for me in Tapatalk. No rhyme or reason for what pics I see or not. Some I see some I don't. Sometimes I don't see the pic I just posted.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
This what some photos look like for me in Tapatalk. No rhyme or reason for what pics I see or not. Some I see some I don't. Sometimes I don't see the pic I just posted.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
There is definitely an issue that is currently being addressed with Tapatalk. If you use web view from Tapatalk you can see that image though. Is that correct?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Advanced search is back. :)

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Simply enter your search word or phrase and click enter on your keyboard.

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Any update on WYSIWYG option? This thread.

How about profile pics? This thread

How about option for posts per page? This post

And the threads started by users? This thread

What about entire quoted message showing without having to "click to expand"?
So are any of these actually being looked at and going to be changed or are we just out of luck on these things?

Still not liking this new software. Took a break for a few weeks and within 5 minutes of being back and annoyed by these downgrades.

I rarely donate to forums, and this one was one I thought would be a great resource for a long time, but seems I was wrong. While I am one of those that says you get what you pay for, for most forums I pay nothing and have no real reason to complain, but this time I feel I donated to a forum (a "lifetime" donor at that, which also no longer shows up (just "Premium Member), not that it bothers me or affects my use of the forum, but still just another thing on the list of many) and am not getting what I paid for.
Yes there have been some improvements, but as is, I find this forum horribly clunky and way to many clicks to do things.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
So are any of these actually being looked at and going to be changed or are we just out of luck on these things?

Still not liking this new software. Took a break for a few weeks and within 5 minutes of being back and annoyed by these downgrades.

I rarely donate to forums, and this one was one I thought would be a great resource for a long time, but seems I was wrong. While I am one of those that says you get what you pay for, for most forums I pay nothing and have no real reason to complain, but this time I feel I donated to a forum (a "lifetime" donor at that, which also no longer shows up (just "Premium Member), not that it bothers me or affects my use of the forum, but still just another thing on the list of many) and am not getting what I paid for.
Yes there have been some improvements, but as is, I find this forum horribly clunky and way to many clicks to do things.
I Feel the Same way. 😢

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

There will continue to be weekly (approximately updates to the site that are largely fueled by member feedback.

In most cases, I do not have an ETA on which requests are being actioned or when they will appear.

You can monitor our progress here.

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I’ve been having picture posting issues on Tapatalk with this forum and others. I’ve been communicating with them, just posting a test here to see if the issue is still there.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@smurfy71 ,
Yes sir. It shows in Tapatalk. It has been frustrating not seeing the posted photos on this forum while on mobile.
The other forum I frequent also uses xenforo forum software, but the photos are showing in all my sub'd threads.

·
Administrator
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I can, and now it looks right. When I posted it, it was supersized and I could only see 1/3 of it on Tapatalk.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.
We appreciate your patience as we have been working in concert with the Tapatalk team to improve the uploading and experience with images on mobile devices. We have launched a fix today that should address any remaining intermittent issues. The solution is optimized for the latest software, please upgrade to the most recent version of the Tapatalk app. Let us know if the experience is working better for you! https://www.hondashadow.net/help/releases/

- Cricket

81 - 100 of 101 Posts