Honda Shadow Forums banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
@smurfy71 ,
Yes sir. It shows in Tapatalk. It has been frustrating not seeing the posted photos on this forum while on mobile.
The other forum I frequent also uses xenforo forum software, but the photos are showing in all my sub'd threads.
We appreciate your patience as we have been working in concert with the Tapatalk team to improve the uploading and experience with images on mobile devices. We have launched a fix on the 8th that should address any remaining intermittent issues. The solution is optimized for the latest software, please upgrade to the most recent version of the Tapatalk app. Let us know if the experience is working better for you! https://www.hondashadow.net/help/releases/

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
952 Posts
So new issues.
While we have the nice "New" posts icon, it only does 10 pages of threads.
I have not been here in a month, but 10 pages of threads only goes back 18 days.
New should be all new since last visit, not just 10 pages worth of new. Old system did it correctly, so again, another step back with the "update".

I also am not being directed to my first unread post in a thread. They just open to the first post, even though I have read (and many times posted in) the thread.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So new issues.
While we have the nice "New" posts icon, it only does 10 pages of threads.
I have not been here in a month, but 10 pages of threads only goes back 18 days.
New should be all new since last visit, not just 10 pages worth of new. Old system did it correctly, so again, another step back with the "update".

I also am not being directed to my first unread post in a thread. They just open to the first post, even though I have read (and many times posted in) the thread.
Well, I wouldn't call it a step back, just an area of opportunity to make it better, I'll talk o the product team.

The page navigation is a bug we looking into. Almost every week we have been rolling out changes, everything will evolve based on user's feedback and the data around how the communities are interacting with the system.

If you want something or have a suggestion we are all ears.
Helena

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Well, I wouldn't call it a step back, just an area of opportunity to make it better, I'll talk o the product team.

The page navigation is a bug we looking into. Almost every week we have been rolling out changes, everything will evolve based on user's feedback and the data around how the communities are interacting with the system.

If you want something or have a suggestion we are all ears.
Helena
Id like my "Bike of the Month" banner back ! ?

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I’ll be honest, I have not adjusted to the changes. I used to spend a lot of time in this forum, not so much any more. From the user end, there was nothing wrong with the old format. The new format is completely different, not as easy to find things and as such I find I’m here less. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I’ll be honest, I have not adjusted to the changes. I used to spend a lot of time in this forum, not so much any more. From the user end, there was nothing wrong with the old format. The new format is completely different, not as easy to find things and as such I find I’m here less. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I agree with Smurf, This forum is going in the Wrong direction. ?

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

What is it that you are having trouble doing on the site? We use feedback to build out a better experience for you. What you didnt see was what was broken, not secure, slow etc that we where constantly fixing behind the scenes.
-Philip

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
What is it that you are having trouble doing on the site? We use feedback to build out a better experience for you. What you didnt see was what was broken, not secure, slow etc that we where constantly fixing behind the scenes.
-Philip
I used the “Active topics” tab to read the most current threads, this no longer exists, and the new topics is only a limited view.

BOM banner

Many members have stopped coming in, board has less traffic

I understand things were broken, I could see how slow the site was, but could it not be fixed without a complete redesign?

Anyhow, it’s beyond that now. You want my feedback, make this site look and work like the old one. I use many Webforums on the same platform and they look like the old version and don’t have the visible issues this one had. VTXOA is an example.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,765 Posts
We are not alone. I see a couple of other motorcycle forums that went to this same format.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
The entire network will be converted to this platform eventually. Your constructive feedback on what you like, dont like, and are hoping to see here is what helps us build out a better experience for you.
-Philip

·
Registered
53 Posts
Work gets mad busy for awhile, I come back and everything is changed. Not liking the new set up! Not very user friendly. Can't add pics of the bike, or at least having a hard time figuring out how to do so. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,820 Posts
Yup, lots of complaints about the new format. I find adding pictures actually easier than the old format. Just click the picture symbol at the bottom of the text box and you can upload pictures from whatever file on your device you would like. Barring that you can also copy and then paste pictures into your post.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hello

Sorry for the delayed response on a reply we have a bit of a backlog.

Check out the updated FAQ:

We have recently made some updates to the spam controls and settings so the approval queues would catch a lot more potential Spammers.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features.

Jeff M

101 - 116 of 116 Posts