Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are scheduling a trip to the North Chicago area for the last week or so of September. Having never been in that part of the country, we're curious to what we may expect in weather conditions. We don't know exactly when colder air starts moving in and could scoot that date forward by a month if needed. We'll be making the trip in a cage (boo) but wondering what the weather might be like for sight seeing and such. My son and his family moved there in Jan., so he has no experience of the change of seasons. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
September should be fairly warm, might get a slight chill at night and need a jacket, especially around the lake. Chicago is the "Windy City" so it may feel a bit colder to non residents.
My wife is from TN, and always says she notices 4 seasons here, as opposed to home.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
"WINDY CITY?" I never thought that this term was used because of the wind. I thought it was from the wind of politicians.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
September should be fairly warm, might get a slight chill at night and need a jacket, especially around the lake. Chicago is the "Windy City" so it may feel a bit colder to non residents.
My wife is from TN, and always says she notices 4 seasons here, as opposed to home.
Thanks, that's kinda what I had guessed. Probably not a bad time of the year to visit, just before the winter snow and spring winds. We are prone to a lot of wind around here, so that won't take much of an adjustment.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm from Minneapolis so the weather here is pretty similar to chicago. This year has been very strange, we didn't get snow until this month and its just a small amount. Sometimes we have snow before halloween. Last year we had record breaking amounts of snow, so much that the metrodome collapsed. September SHOULD be starting to cool down. 60's-40's at the worst. Sometimes though its still up in the 80's. Hard to say what the weather will be like next year but i'd say pack a jacket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts