Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's 80+ here in los angeles all week. my brother-in-law, a avid biker, just moved to chicago where i hear the temp is around 0. how do you guys ride in such weather? or, maybe you don't.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The answer is I didn't!! I'm orginally from Chicago and have lived in LA for 1 1/2 years. I do not miss the bitter cold and all the snow! The riding season in Chicago is a very small window of time compared to year round here in LA.

Chicago is a great city, but you can not beat LA's weather, beautiful canyons and beaches.

·
Registered
460 Posts
here in akron, ohio, the riding below 45 is almost too cold for me, above that layers. not heavy ones either lots of thin layers. also leather help alot. no wind chill then also full face helmet. wind shield helps. lowest i rode to work was actually 32, short 11 min ride, but was about 50 when i left. great expierence though!

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
tvaudio said:
The answer is I didn't!! I'm orginally from Chicago and have lived in LA for 1 1/2 years. I do not miss the bitter cold and all the snow! The riding season in Chicago is a very small window of time compared to year round here in LA.

Chicago is a great city, but you can not beat LA's weather, beautiful canyons and beaches.

And lane splitting, you forgot the lane splitting! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
40's is balmy. I do think twice in the 30's. Wind chill and ice patches can be dangerous.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Angryhatter, I did forget lane splitting didn't I!!!! Still getting used to that, I'll find myself sitting in stopped traffic on the bike and then remember, hey I don't have to do that anymore. :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
weather.........IT SUCKS HERE IN MISSOURI!!!

oh, sorry for shouting but that's how I feel!!!!
This morning we were awakened by the freakin' snow ploys rumbling by the house at around 0530 hours. I'd call it near blizzard conditions if you were to ask me. It is now 1100 and still blowing and piling up. I am ready for spring!!!
:evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts