Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any one web site that gives accurate specs for cycles? I can check 4 different web sites for the same cycle and end up with different specs on each one for everything from weight to horsepower and everything in between.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Your best source of information will be in your owners manual, or a Honda Service Manual for your bike. imo
Neither of which will "state" the hp for your bike. To my knowledge Honda doesn't publicize their bikes hp. All other specifications they do. I prefer to get my info from the manufacturer. ie why go to the drugstore for bricks.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,238 Posts
Is there any one web site that gives accurate specs for cycles?
All the specs are accurate. It's matching them to the correct bikes that's often wrong. :mrgreen:

I like this one -- it's got pictures though it isn't loaded with specs.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Is there any one web site that gives accurate specs for cycles? I can check 4 different web sites for the same cycle and end up with different specs on each one for everything from weight to horsepower and everything in between.
Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,238 Posts
This is my fave, it is shortcut for my bike, but you can navigate to yours.
Nope. It incorrectly* identifies the 1999 Honda VT1100C2 as a Sabre rather than an ACE. If it gets that wrong then how can anything else be trusted?

------------------
* VT1100C2 was used to identify ACE from 1995 through 1999 then Sabre from 2000 through 2007. Different 1100 engines in the two.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Nope. It incorrectly* identifies the 1999 Honda VT1100C2 as a Sabre rather than an ACE. If it gets that wrong then how can anything else be trusted?

------------------
* VT1100C2 was used to identify ACE from 1995 through 1999 then Sabre from 2000 through 2007. Different 1100 engines in the two.
I said it was my fave. It's been acurate on the 3 Hondas I've owned and a few others I've used it for.
Sorry it ain't right for yours.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Sounds like nobody will read anything that's not back lit or doesn't have to be recharged. Like I said, specs for your bike will be in the Owners Manual. Serious no brainer. Don't have it, owners manuals can be found still in book form or pdf from online sites.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Sounds like nobody will read anything that's not back lit or doesn't have to be recharged. Like I said, specs for your bike will be in the Owners Manual. Serious no brainer. Don't have it, owners manuals can be found still in book form or pdf from online sites.
I read it, just offered the location I use. I have an owners manual on cd, just no pc to run it on....work laptop no cd drive. Just a speed bump I know, the link I listed was neat when shopping to show differences in most models.
I pay attention Old Dad, I really do....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm talking about someone that wants to research a cycle they want to buy, not one they already have.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,445 Posts
Dale Franks pdf. listing was one source at one time but it seems to be missing alot of pages/listings now. The site that Adlowe posted is about the best but OEM manual offers most all info needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts