Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take another rider with me on a road trip to Galveston, Texas. I weigh 160lbs passenger weighs 170-180 lbs I have to go over some tall, maybe steep over passes (causeways), does anyone have any thoughts on the weight limit before loss of power becomes an issue. I don't want to hit the incline and start to drag behind traffic. Thanks for your time to read and answer my question.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I am 175 lbs and when I ride solo I could compare the Aero's acceleration to a Camry or an Accord - NOT the V6, either. It's adequate and sometimes a bit punchy, but it's obviously not a very large powerplant.

While riding with my wife recently, I tried to casually open the bike up from 45 to 60 mph and just didn't feel like it was responding, so I attempted to open up a little more throttle only to realize I had it wide open - something I have never done while riding solo. My wife weights around 150lbs. The old Aero just didn't have anything else to spare.

You will notice some power loss with a passenger, and on a good incline I'm afraid it may be a bit frustrating. I don't think you'll have trouble keeping up with traffic, so long as you don't need to pass anyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts