Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least you made it home. At least it wasn't a lithium battery fire between your legs. At least you know where the problem is. Once you get the bike up and running you may want to check your voltage regulator to make sure it isn't overcharging or sending to0 much current.
Thanks will do now just got to figure it all out.. Oh an i know thankful i made it home it could always be worse..

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
850 Posts
Have to ask is that the same bike in your pictures?
Hey Casey,

Yes, it is the same bike in the 3 pics. I guess I posted them just to say, Make some lemonade out of those lemons.

I moped around for a couple of days after the fire. Then I realized moping around wasn't going to put the bike back on the road. The 2nd pic was taken about 3 months after the fire and I rode it like that for 2 yrs.. The 3rd pic was after I did a complete teardown and re-vamp in '17.

Anyway, You got this...

John

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did you figure out the cause of the fire?
Hey Swifty,

The bike didn't catch on fire. My shop burned down, fell on it, and set it on fire. The worst thing, I guess, was that my 'shop' was beside my house and burned the end of my house off. So, I had to repair/fix my house before I could begin work on the bike. No big deal. I guess I carpenter-arate as well as I carburate, ha-ha!!!

The fire investigator said that it was the outlet behind my tool boxes arcing that started the fire. That's suspicious considering I had never used that outlet since I built the building 13 yrs. earlier. Oh well.

John

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,385 Posts
Ain`t nothing made like it Used to be...
Couldda been a Cheapass Chinese outlet I would wager cyclejohn

Yeah as already said, Nice Comeback on that burnt up cycle...
Hope CaseyFreeman626 can get his together,
D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts