Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to run out to CVS and then stopped to buy some gas to top up the tanks on the bikes. On the way home I noticed DOT has started covering the roads with salt.:x

The bikes are now officially parked until this crap is washed off the pavement, which sadly doesn't look to be any time soon.:-(

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Yeah, same here. :-( Just picked up some more cold weather gear last night so the wife could ride with me today. Woke up to a light dusting of snow and more falling. Maybe get to ride next weekend. Supposed to be up towards 40* again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yea, I'm parked too. :-(

Time to find another obsession for a few months. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're possibly getting 3-5" of snow starting tonight thru tomorrow morning. Could make driving to work tomorrow morning interesting with all the brain dead drivers on the road.

Temps might warm up to around 40* or so next week but, it's supposed to rain...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
We're possibly getting 3-5" of snow starting tonight thru tomorrow morning. Could make driving to work tomorrow morning interesting with all the brain dead drivers on the road.

Temps might warm up to around 40* or so next week but, it's supposed to rain...
Yeah, same down here in Evansville. Just got a "Winter Storm Warning" alert on my phone. We are still a month away from winter too.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, same down here in Evansville. Just got a "Winter Storm Warning" alert on my phone. We are still a month away from winter too.
Ain't it just great....:roll:

Harryc, they also have trucks that spray a brine solution on the roads in advance of any possible snow/ice. You can see the white stripes on the roads where the brine has dried.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
TV has winter storm warnings on it. Looks like it's just south of me but it looks like you guys in Indy may indeed get a good covering of snow.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TV has winter storm warnings on it. Looks like it's just south of me but it looks like you guys in Indy may indeed get a good covering of snow.
Still just a Winter Weather Advisory for the Indy area. At least that's what NOAA is saying.

BamChase weather has been saying snow totals could be higher because of the temps and moisture in the atmosphere. They are always about spot on as far as the weather. They were predicting last winter's snowstorm two weeks before anyone else was even talking about it.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Harryc, they also have trucks that spray a brine solution on the roads in advance of any possible snow/ice. You can see the white stripes on the roads where the brine has dried.
I hear you firehawk, they definately don't do that here, at least on the roads I ride. Possibly on the State and Interstate roads...

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
This is the reason why I put the Shadow to bed for the winter 2 weeks ago. She resides in hibernation in my shed in the background till the warm weather cometh and melts the snow and ice that blocks its freedom next year.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This time of year there's always a lot of talk about how to cope with cold weather. No matter what anyone says, salt would be a deal breaker for me. Luckily, they don't use it much around here.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,009 Posts
Only temporary for me. Its been teens and twenties hoping it bounces back to the thirties soon. Adjusting to my cage just sux!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I should have topped my gas tank and added Stabil last week, but I forgot. Hopefully there won't be any snow or ice on the roads next weekend so I can do it and park it for the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I should have topped my gas tank and added Stabil last week, but I forgot. Hopefully there won't be any snow or ice on the roads next weekend so I can do it and park it for the winter.
That's why I don't wait and take advantage of the warmer weather when I can. You might get lucky during the Thanksgiving weekend with early forecast of 40* temps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've made lots of trips to, and all around Colorado. On the morning of one of those trips I goofed and put on my old boots instead of the newer ones. Colorado is a granite region. During the winter the granite erodes from the mountains and ends up on the roadways, everywhere. For two weeks, every time I put my foot down with my tread-less boot it was like trying to stand on tiny ball bearings. Pulled a groin muscle just keeping the bike upright.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,437 Posts
12 above and 20 mph. winds right now and still haven't got Stabil in it yet. Fortunately gas stop is only 2.25 mi. away but...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts