Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I tried this already, but I guess not, since my account's apparently not still activated (take note, mods!)

My wife and I recently purchased a new leftover '09 Shadow Spirit 750. This bike's for her, as I already own an '09 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic. To be completely honest, the Honda was our second choice, but it's as tough to find a used Vulcan 500 LTD as it is to find a used 750 Shadow; no one wants to part with 'em.

It looks like there's a lot of great info to be had on this forum, looks like a good community. Since I'm in charge of maintenance on the bike, I'll be in and out, asking questions and generally making a nuisance of myself.

Wife loves the bike, but her one gripe is there seems to be a lot of handlebar vibration around 65-70 mph. I've ridden the bike a bike, actually took the first long ride on it a couple days after we got it. Did about 100 miles with a buddy riding my Vulcan. I didn't really notice, and if i did, I probably just attributed it to the steeper rake and skinny front tire. I was just wondering if this is par for the course, or if I should mention it to the techs at break in service next week.

Thanks for your time guys! See you on the boards!

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Welcome! You have to start 3 threads before you gain full acess! We are keeping away Spammers:) Post up pics of the bikes, we like pics!
Coop

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
welcome good choose

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Some vibration is normal, as you didn't notice it your wife is most likely just not used to it. These engines seem to have the most vibration between 55 and 65, above 70 they become very smooth again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.