Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took 1 last ride to town today as it was in the 50s. I was distracted and with all the black friday sales I sat in the bar and ordered my national cycle light bar. Went out to a dead battery. Forgot to turn off the key. Learned myesson. Too much work to take off seat and get to battery so 10 miles back home to get the tender. Waited couple hours and went back in to bring her home. Had to ride home after dark. Promptly ordered a power pack Jumpstart to carry in the trunk. Bit. I got a light bar coming so day wasn't all bad

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made me a jumper cable set which plugs into my battery tender lead. I just let it sit for a while so the battery gets a little charge then it cranks right up.
My hubby could have done that I guess. This way I'm set if I'm 2 hours from home which is how far I have to ride alone to reach my stiletto girls..great idea

· Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,606 Posts
No gallant, chivalrous folks around to offer a push-start to a lady in need? 😉

With a carburetor, chances are you’d have enough to fire the engine and get things going. That’s the one thing I don’t like about fuel injection. If you don’t have enough power to fire the injectors as well, you’re pretty much SOL…

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,644 Posts
The only time I use the kill switch is when I am doing work to the electrical system so I can turn off the fuel pump and ignition.

During pre trip check I will cycle the switch a few times to keep it in shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kesanders

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No galant, chivalrous folks around to offer a push-start to a lady in need? 😉

With a carburetor, chances are you’d have enough to fire the engine and get things going. That’s the one thing I don’t like about fuel injection. If you don’t have enough power to fire the injectors as well, you’re pretty much SOL…
Nope. Offered to loan me jumper cables. My husband came in and a guy.pushed him around the parking lot and it wouldn't go..of course he blames the weight of all my bling

1 - 19 of 19 Posts