Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a 84 Mile ride today since the weather was Beautiful and Learned 3/4 helmets suck @ keeping the wind out of my Ears and My Gloves suck also.The Helmet issue was fixed with a 2 dollar pair of Earplugs from the Dollar Store and the Gloves were needed anyway.Now to Order the 6 in Forward extensions and I am Golden.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Me too. I got to ride the bike home from the shop with my 9yr old. The new Mustang seat is great, and I love my new PF3 windshield. Saddlebags and I'm good to go for the season.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I also went for a ride, I washed my "dirty girl" and wiped her down(lovenly) and rode her , but only about 20 miles, she rode so sweet!, I put her back in garage tell tomarow, I plan on riding her a little longer.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
i rods as well 60 and sunny what a beutiful day for a ride

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got mine out, and went to a friends house. We broke his out for the first time this year and took a ride, it was about 75 miles all together. Mostly back roads and up to a goat feeding area. Took a pic of the bike, and we headed back on more back roads. It was a good day to ride. Here is the pic

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
well since i suck i will tell you its gonna be in the high 50s all week

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I road today also! Just finished installing the Acewell spedo/tach and had to take it for a test drive. Works great! and the Acewell was good too!

Phillip

·
Registered
236 Posts
Went for my first ride this year and really enjoyed it. Day after my Birthday :) Low 60's here. Got to try out my new jacket....really like the jacket. Bike had not been started in a couple of months. SPRING-YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wife and I went out for about 3 hours today so she could finally ride her Shadow. Weather was great: upper 50's but a little on the windy side. That's okay, its going to be 62 tomorrow. Looks like the groundhog was right!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
My little man and I took our 84 VT700 out for a quick spin today as well. We went out and closed out quail season succesfully, then we realized we needed something in town so he talked me in to taking the bike. What a great run. We made it a point to take all the long routes... he got a new pair of riding gloves out of the trip.... I froze my stuff off on the ride back as it was about 60 when we took off, but just a shade above freezing when we pulled back in.... and I was in shirt sleeves!! Both of us were grinning though. Remember, there's a reason dogs smile when they stick their heads out the window!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wife and I went out for about 3 hours today so she could finally ride her Shadow. Weather was great: upper 50's but a little on the windy side. That's okay, its going to be 62 tomorrow. Looks like the groundhog was right!
Hey been a pretty hard winter here in Tennessee(middle) sure was glad to get out today......maybe we have made a turn for spring!

·
Registered
48 Posts
had to work today which would have been a great day to ride early...wind was a bear in the afternoon.

but did get out yesterday for my first group ride. left fredericksburg around 9. it was 34 degrees. grabbed some gas and shoot 84 miles down to chesterfield, va to meet up with the first 4 riders. all are members of the virginia x riders forum. none of which i had meet before. 3 of us rode our vtx's and one rode a victory vision and the other a yamaha v-star 1100.

we then rode 20 miles to hopewell, va to meet the other 2 riders...another vtx and a silverwing. by that time, it was in the low 40's.

we decided to ride to williamsburg and have lunch...40 miles on route 5...beautiful route.

coming back was via route 10. to get there, we needed to ride 12 miles to jamestown and catch the jamestown ferry to surry, va. then from surry back to hopewell...30 miles. ride near the james river kept the temp down a bit. only slightly above mid-40s all day.

at hopewell, i parted ways with the guys as it was close to 5 and i had 86 miles ahead of me to get home. as i got away from the river, you could feel it warm up. my ride was in the low 50s and very comfortable.

took i-95 back until about 20 miles from home the traffic just started getting crazy. the vtx purred all the way doing 80 to 90, but i'm in the center lane and traffic starts passing me in the right hand lane. knew i'd overstayed my welcome.

all in all though a great day, 272 miles and some new friends.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now My Groin Hurts after riding only 84 miles yesterday so I need more miles and my 6 in forward relocation kit to get here to make me ready for Daytona.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Glad everybody that could.......did ride.........I took mine out today and the **** windshield wipers wouldn't work, so back into the cacoon.......for another week, just gotta figure out why???????? things don't work......:shock:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I rode on Sunday for about 75 miles, put some gas in the scoot and went home. The ride was fantastic, had a chance to explore and ride in some places I hadn't before. Can't wait for warmer weather.

I also tested out my new leather jacket. I need decent riding boots now and a pair of gloves that can plug the holes at the ends of the sleves. Wind was whipping up my sleves and pant legs through the entire ride.

It was still wonderful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts