Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first bike last October, and put it away for the winter with 300 miles on it. Today it has around 5100. What a difference this has made in my riding ability. I'm so much more in control of my bike and no longer nervous but still cautious. I don't claim to be a pro or expert. I still make mistakes, and I'm sure I'll be learning until I give it up but man I love riding....:cool:

· Registered
1,329 Posts
You're becoming one with the bike. Soon, if not already you'll be a well oiled machine. And any other vehicle just wont feel right, and you'll be dreaming of rounding corners on it when you're taking a break over the winter.

But I gotta ask why only 4800mi this year?!?!

· Registered
5,282 Posts
First year here also. I've done 3k miles since mid-August, and I figure I'll put on another 500 easily before the snow flies. That's half a season around here, so I expect to ride @ 7k next year. I hear you about feeling at home on the bike, but I agree with vzshadow to remain cautious...and the love thing...well yeah. ;)

· Registered
3,130 Posts
I am looking forward to this summer (spring here ATM) as last summer I was sorting issues with the 1100 so mostly rode the 750 last summer... but then we dont get snow where I am (further south we do... actually snowed there today which is late for snow)

Being able to ride through winter means I have put 12K miles on over the year even with it off the road a fair bit... Don't commute to work on it as its too close and need the ute to cart the dog so its all fun riding.

I hope to put nearly that much again over summer :D

That would be the same amount as the bike has done over the last 21 years :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.