Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Beautiful day! Managed to get out of town a ways and enjoy the views. Only other rider I saw was a guy on a Harley. He waved at my old rice burner, by the way. Of course I waved back.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
beautiful pic.
beautiful sky! :wink: :)

just started getting the bike dugout of the shed.......... had a path
shoveled so i could at least get it out....... then it snows again.

this has been one heck of a Colorado winter. its crazy.
iam an old fart Colorado native and i cant remember one with as much snow as this one.
droy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jmagna750 and I rode on Saturday. It was partly cloudy and temp was around 55 degrees. We headed out to ride the back roads when about 10 miles down the road it because very cloudy and windy. About 50 miles in the ride we stop at a cycle shop and browsed around before heading out. This is the first time as a newbie rider that the cold bother me. I had several lays of clothes on and I felt weighed down. We completed a 88 mile ride and I have to say the winter is now in session in Alabama. It was an overall good ride but I'll be glad when warmer weather gets here. bc1 8)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Managed to get in a couple hundered miles in this weekend myself. Nice weather although late today it got a bit chilly, but still was great.

8)

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Sweet, but we have got to get you on a more season friendly mount. lol

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Twas a great day indeed. I did 78 miles, 20 f them down the pacific coast highway. Funny enough, on that stretch of road on a Sunday at any given time, you probably can count up to 50 bikes around you. So, at a stop light, I pull between two cars as is legal here but I rarely do it, it was simply because there was a group of about ten crotch rockets sitting in front and I figured I would move on up and say hello. Well, this guy in a ford focus lays on the horn and starts calling me crazy for going between the cars. I was next to him at the very next light and he started taping his temple suggesting I was an idiot. Next light and I am behind him, I lay on my horn, which made his car sound like a roller-skate, only to realize he had Illinois plate. Rolled up next to him, said it was legal and on this stretch of road, he better keep his eyes out for bikes, because they outnumbered the cars. I then hit the throttle and I am sure I rattled I car t bits.

Twas a great day.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
droy said:
this has been one heck of a Colorado winter. its crazy.
iam an old fart Colorado native and i cant remember one with as much snow as this one.
droy
Well, if its any consolation, those like me living downstream from you on the Colorado River are grateful, since snow falling where you are now translates into more water in Lake Mead (Vegas's main water supply) this spring! :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
bookman1995 said:
[
Well, if its any consolation, those like me living downstream from you on the Colorado River are grateful, since snow falling where you are now translates into more water in Lake Mead (Vegas's main water supply) this spring! :D
Glad we could help! :lol:

droy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Shadow Mom said:
I've got a path dug out for mine, but can't go anywhere. I've got one of those streets that are nothing but icy ruts.

Droy, how about the winter of 72'? It was pretty bad.
:)
ShadowMom
The street in front of my house is the same......just an icey rutty mess.
hard to navigate with a car. little alone a MC.

'72 was Nasty too wasnt it. ...Shadow Mom.......you lived in Colorado long?

droy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts