Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i got the spirit out of hibernation sunday and took it out for a test run then out for a bit just to cruise around (god that felt so good to be on the bike again). It has been sitting in my kitchen since January and after an oil change and quick inspection i rolled it outside and crossed my fingers (3 mo old gas and didnt charge the battery). 3 tries and it fired right up and ran great. Yes, i will be draining the tank today and putting fresh gas in w/some seafoam :D I was just very happy that it warmed up enough to get it out and about. I really missed riding!

Secondly, while out on my cruise i stopped at my buddies house to see what he's been up to, havent seen him since oct. I have been on him all last summer that he needs to get a bike and come riding with me. He just didnt seem that interested as he is usually really busy restoring mustangs in his free time. Well, i pull up into his driveway and i saw a bike sitting by his garage. I thought hmmm, our other friend must be here too. NO....it was my buddies bike! Just last week he had traded his 4x4 toyota golfcart on steroids for this 2002 Harley Vrod. After he said it was his i let out a very loud WOOHOO! lol. Even though he once again outdid me i was happy as all hell that he got himself a bike. He's looking forward to getting his permit and plates this week and taking it out for a little run. On a side note, his brother is also getting himself a used harley so all 3 of us can go cruising!

I must say, those Vrods are incredible to sit on. The low center of gravity and balance of the bike is just, wow. Very comfortable to sit on as well. Everything is 'right there', very well placed. I could do without the instrument panel that looks like its off a 50cc scooter but he's happy, so i am happy.

· Registered
8,119 Posts
Sounds like your going to have a great summer. Nothing like good rides with good friends.

Enjoy,

Chris

My Buddy just bought a new VROD last summer. Awesome bike and VERY fast. To fast for me anyways.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea he said he took it out his driveway to give it a little 100' ride to the neighbors driveway. When he pulled out he gave it a little throttle and lit the back wheel up. Said he needs to really take it easy, bike has a lot of power. Way too much power if you ask me lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.