Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my son's 2000 Honda Shadow after he spent a lot of money on it and then dropped it twice causing little harm to him but didn't do much good to the bike. He decided maybe he wasn't ready so I bought it. I paid 80 dollars for the rear turn signals and I still need a left mirror, a front left peg, and it won't start but I was told it is probably the starter clutch. I ordered the repair manual and plan to get it road ready within 10 days but I can't find used parts for it like the peg.
You would think in Los Angeles county there would be more than one place to find a used peg for a Honda. I really don't want to pay 75 for it new, I'm already going to spend a lot, since it cost me 250 dollars to take a train to Santa Barbara then rent a truck to haul it to Glendale, 80 for turn signals, I don't know about the starter clutch. Anyway does anyone know where I can get used parts in L.A. area? Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi Gary, my name's Gary, too.
You might try Ebay if all else fails and you can't find locally.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome to the horde Gary. If you're planning on riding the bike then I strongly suggest a motorcycle riders safety course, it WILL save your life someday.

Now for the important business, POST SOME PICS OF THE BIKE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I've had good luck finding parts cheap for my bike on Ebay. Also, adapters should be available for around $20 that would let you use the universal pegs that can be found anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts