·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what he said

·
Registered
23,170 Posts

Although this was one of THE albums to own when it came out and I truly loved it at first,I find that it did not age well ( to me) Still a couple of good cuts, be not overall.

It is not a slight music is a wonderful yet often intangible thing. I was just thinking recently of an old Steve Miller album, let's see how a cut from that holds up

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Cd Thanks

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Although this was one of THE albums to own when it came out and I truly loved it at first,I find that it did not age well ( to me) Still a couple of good cuts, be not overall.

It is not a slight music is a wonderful yet often intangible thing. I was just thinking recently of an old Steve Miller album, let's see how a cut from that holds up

YouTube - MARY LOU / Steve Miller Band (Audio)

Ok so now I am officially listening to songs from the Joker Album..yep, holds up well IMO

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i lik ethis a lot too

·
Registered
5,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How could you not like this

·
Registered
23,170 Posts

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Criminy, fella's....how long can you wallow in listening to stuff that has been played and played and played and played and played and over-played?

"You're listening to Classic Rock WNCX 98.5, playing Bob Cigar for the 10,000th time today and get ready to hear "Roll Me Away" again 'cause you didn't hear it when we played it at 10:12 AM and it's now Noon, and after that we'll play The Steve Miller Band and "Jet Airliner" because you missed it when we played it twice yesterday"...

...But wait, there's more!!! "Here's "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin going out to me, your DJ, 'cause I gotta go drop a duece and this song gives me enough time to do so and STILL wash my hands when I am done!"...

Don't get me wrong - I love classic rock - I have boatloads of it. But, radio has become the same old, same old. EVEN the classic rock stations. EVEN Sirius and XM.

I wanna hear NEW stuff, not some formulated, formatted crap.

Whattaya got?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts