Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Sabre came with this windscreen mount but no windscreen.

What brand is this? I am interested (hoping) to find a windscreen to attach to this existing mount.

Thanks
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
471 Posts
What brand is this?

I am interested (hoping) to find a windscreen to attach to this existing mount.
It is what D's Spirit said ^^^^^.

It is for the Fats/Slim windshields that use the Memphis Shades Trigger Lock Hardware.

The non-Trigger Lock windshield mount plates will not fit, only the Trigger Lock will.

Since you only need the Trigger Lock plates that mount to a Fats/Slim windshield, you could always call Memphis Shades Customer Service phone, explain your situation and what you need, and ask if you could purchase just the shield Trigger Lock mounts.
Customer Service Phone Number
901-853-0293

Then you just need to source the windshield with trim itself. Here's just one of the many choices available on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'd opt for the Memphis Shades DropTop. better flow and less turbulence.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are ALL the Memphis Flats and Slims only with the chrome framing in the windshield? For some reason, I just dont like that. Was hoping for a smoke color bottom, no frame visible, then with a top that is clear, perhaps 18" (I just want this at my nose, to look over, not thru.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Are ALL the Memphis Flats and Slims only with the chrome framing in the windshield? For some reason, I just dont like that. Was hoping for a smoke color bottom, no frame visible, then with a top that is clear, perhaps 18" (I just want this at my nose, to look over, not thru.
You can always paint the frame.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is what D's Spirit said ^^^^^.

It is for the Fats/Slim windshields that use the Memphis Shades Trigger Lock Hardware.

The non-Trigger Lock windshield mount plates will not fit, only the Trigger Lock will.

Since you only need the Trigger Lock plates that mount to a Fats/Slim windshield, you could always call Memphis Shades Customer Service phone, explain your situation and what you need, and ask if you could purchase just the shield Trigger Lock mounts.
Customer Service Phone Number
901-853-0293

Then you just need to source the windshield with trim itself. Here's just one of the many choices available on Ebay.

So, then ANY Fats/Slim windshield will fit the Trigger Lock plates that matches my mount on the bike? Or do I still need to find windshields with specific hardware? Sorry for these dumb questions. But seems there are 3 major parts to this, right (the bike Trigger lock hardware, the Trigger Lock plate, the windshield)?

·
Registered
471 Posts
1) So, then ANY Fats/Slim windshield will fit the Trigger Lock plates that matches my mount on the bike?
2) there are 3 major parts to this, right (the bike Trigger lock hardware, the Trigger Lock plate, the windshield)?
1) Yes

2) The Trigger Lock hardware that mounts (and stays mounted) on the front of the bike, and the Trigger Lock plates that mount on the chosen windshield (and stay mounted there) come in a package as a kit. Somewhere, someone has the Trigger Lock windshield mounting plates that went with the hardware mounts on your bike. Either that or you just didn't show them in your pic???

The complete windshield will come with the 'beauty' chrome trim.

The replacement plastic windshield comes with just the shield itself, no chrome 'beauty' trim.

John

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Shield Ex NationalCycle windshield. It may be on the smallish side, but I may want to try and mount it for kicks and that requires I remove the existing Memphis Shades mount to give me room for attaching the lower mounting to forks.

So, I may want or need to remove the Memphis shades mount that is on my bike for this experiment.

If I do, do I just detach my front turn signals and remount right back onto this black pieces (it looks like that part is OEM and part of the headlight mount but I cant quite tell)?
Seems like I just back out that bolt and reattach bolt/washers right onto the black bar.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Then once that is done, do I simply remove these 2 bolts (showing one side for reference)?

Is it really that simple?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a Shield Ex NationalCycle windshield. It may be on the smallish side, but I may want to try and mount it for kicks and that requires I remove the existing Memphis Shades mount to give me room for attaching the lower mounting to forks.

So, I may want or need to remove the Memphis shades mount that is on my bike for this experiment.

If I do, do I just detach my front turn signals and remount right back onto this black pieces (it looks like that part is OEM and part of the headlight mount but I cant quite tell)?
Seems like I just back out that bolt and reattach bolt/washers right onto the black bar.
View attachment 297357

Then once that is done, do I simply remove these 2 bolts (showing one side for reference)?

Is it really that simple?
View attachment 297358
Yes, but know that the black nuts in your 1st pic are WELDED to the bracket and will not turn.
The hex appears to be all rounded over from someone trying to turn them!
Turn the screw instead (y)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, but know that the black nuts in your 1st pic are WELDED to the bracket and will not turn.
The hex appears to be all rounded over from someone trying to turn them!
Turn the screw instead (y)
I didn't even notice that. I will check it for sure when I get home. Good eye!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts