Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a nice set of 16" apes for my 1998 Shadow ace 750. I am trying like crazy to find the longer cables necessary to use all the factory controls. I took some rough measurements as to how much longer over stock i will need but am having trouble finding the cables in any lengths other than stock. Whats my best bet? where should i be looking? has anyone here done these bars before? Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try phatperformance parts.com They sell cables upto 12" over stock.
Keep in mind there is about a 2 to 3 week backorder, but that is from the actual manufacturer.
I just ordered a set for 13" apes. +4" for throttles, +8" for brake and clutch. Mine is an '01 vt750 Ace.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have a set of both throttle push/pull and clutch that are +3" (48" & 42") from barnett performance I ordered for my new bars that are 8 1/2 rise, but found the stock cable had planty of length..
..now I can't return them, there still labeled and zip tied as sent to me.

http://www.barnettclutches.com/products/custom_measuring_guide.aspx
throttle: (42" overall)
A=is the +3" over stock
B=4 1/2"
thread is for honda
both are elbows 90 degree

clutch: (48" overall)
A=same +3 over stock
B=4 1/2"

all are black vinyl with chrome ends
anyone interested?
stright line, heavy gage (about 1/16 dia)

·
Registered
12 Posts
try hdbikeparts.com. I got cables from them when I put 15" apes on my VLX. Good experience. Good cables at a good price. You just tell them what bike you have and what bars you're putting on and they research it and send you the right cables and/or brake line. It's easy. Fast shipping too.
Here's what they look like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.