Honda Shadow Forums banner
20241 - 20260 of 20474 Posts

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
Checked to see IF they ordered the tube they didn`t have yesterday...
It`ll be here today, so I`m in Luck...
NOW I`ll see how much???
Motorcyclesuperstore/JPCycles has had my business for years on tires & tubes, but don`T wanna wait > "I Wanna RIDE"

I`ll RIDE this evenings "Sunset Cruise",
Dennis

I sure have missed these cruises

· Registered
24 Posts
I decided to have the trike checked out, get things like the clutch adjusted for spring....better to do it now and beat the rush in March. Mind you, the only place I can take this is 50 miles away. So, on a decent day last Tuesday, I rode out to leave it. On the way, I discovered that one rear tire was losing pressure....probably from me twisting the stem as I was putting the pressure sensor on. DOH!

I get it there, and the guy looks it over....and tells me something that I was never told.....I have air shocks! And, the reason why it was riding so stiff is that the air bags had completely deflated. The valve is in the trunk, way at the back, and on the top. Then, he notices that one shock is leaking oil, which had never happened. A few days later, he calls and tells me it's ready. They had to put new shocks on, because the bracket had literally worn a hole in one shock. How? The people that did the original build put them in backwards....maybe that's a clue as to why they are no longer in business.

So, I have the trike back. The ride back was another 50 miles, and it was really overcast, and it was dusk. Essentially, it was my first night ride. My wife was following me to be sure I didn't get into any trouble. Once we got home, she told me I have like ZERO rear visibility. So, my next project before spring will be to get some more lighting, and some reflective stickers for both the bike and my helment. The seat covers up my jacket too much to be seen, as well.

I just took it out for a quick errand, and to fill the tank for the season, and put some Sea-Foam in the tank.

· Registered
24 Posts
I sat on the side of the highway for about 10 minutes before I realized that the engine didn't die, it just ran out of gas. :LOL: Flip to reserve and headed to the gas station. Doh!
My first bike, way back when...I was riding home about 2:00 am, on a pitch black road, when the engine started sputtering. I reached down to flip on the reserve....only to realize that the reserve had been on the whole time. I was out of gas. I ditched the bike off the side of the road in the weeds, and walked a couple miles to a police station, when the night Lieutenant was nice enough to give me a ride home. Next day, my roommate and I got my van and went out to get the bike. As we're nearing it, there are a few too many police cars driving up and down the road. I see the bike, and we pull over and load it into my van. Just then, two squad cars pull up, with the lights on. They ask what we're doing, and I tell them about running out of gas. Exasperated, they tell me that the Police Dept. had been getting calls about some horrible motorcycle accident, and they had been driving up and down the road looking for it....I guess my bike was hidden well enough to prevent it from being stolen. Then he starts yelling at me about leaving the bike there...I looked back at him and told him that one of their guys gave me a ride home....he just mumbled...then told me to get the bike and go home.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
I don`t reckon I`ll get that tube in today, in time for Sunset Cruise...
MAYBE tonight, I`ll be able to...
Sunset sure is pretty though ! ! !
Including tax $34.74 for the tube from the shop, I don`t remember paying that much from Motorcyclesuperstore for a Bridgestone tube,,,
BUT INFLATION is UPON US...
It`ll last a while & this IS an investment in my Serenity and Enjoyment ;)

Merry Christmas,
Ann & Dennis

Here`s my regular price

· Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
639 Posts
I don`t reckon I`ll get that tube in today, MAYBE tonight, I`ll be able too...

Including tax $34.74 for the tube from the shop, I don`t remember paying that much from Mtorcyclesuperstore for a Bridgestone tube,,,

BUT INFLATION is UPON US...

It`ll last a while & this IS an investment in my Serenity and Enjoyment 

Merry Christmas,

Ann & Dennis

Here`s my regular price

My shop charged 50 extra when I put tires ondue to me needing tubes

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
My shop charged 50 extra when I put tires ondue to me needing tubes
Yes, that`s the price I normally pay about $20 - 25 each...
Add $10+ I got it TODAY, No Big Deal...

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
Having gotten the tube, I` thinking on that phrase " Git `er Done" ...
BUT
1) High School Football is on TV as I type...
2) Rain will set in soon, today or tomorrow...

However, It IS Cooler than when I took her apart, So I reckon I ain`t gotta good excuse ;)

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

· Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
2,219 Posts
Having gotten the tube, I` thinking on that phrase " Git `er Done" ...
BUT
1) High School Football is on TV as I type...
2) Rain will set in soon, today or tomorrow...

However, It IS Cooler than when I took her apart, So I reckon I ain`t gotta good excuse ;)

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis
Git 'er Done Cap'n

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
Having missed only halftime & 3rd quarter, I got the tire mounted, inflated and balanced...
Awaiting end of game to double check PSIs before mounting it back on the bike :D

Oh Happy Day,
Dennis

· Registered
654 Posts
My first bike, way back when...I was riding home about 2:00 am, on a pitch black road, when the engine started sputtering. I reached down to flip on the reserve....only to realize that the reserve had been on the whole time. I was out of gas. I ditched the bike off the side of the road in the weeds, and walked a couple miles to a police station, when the night Lieutenant was nice enough to give me a ride home. Next day, my roommate and I got my van and went out to get the bike. As we're nearing it, there are a few too many police cars driving up and down the road. I see the bike, and we pull over and load it into my van. Just then, two squad cars pull up, with the lights on. They ask what we're doing, and I tell them about running out of gas. Exasperated, they tell me that the Police Dept. had been getting calls about some horrible motorcycle accident, and they had been driving up and down the road looking for it....I guess my bike was hidden well enough to prevent it from being stolen. Then he starts yelling at me about leaving the bike there...I looked back at him and told him that one of their guys gave me a ride home....he just mumbled...then told me to get the bike and go home.
Clueless *******s , ....

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
""Got `er Done""

During the break between games, I got it "wrapped Up"...
All except letting her back down on the ground and picking up tools...
Well I did miss just shy of 2 minutes of the first 1/4 of the second game :(

BUT That Flat Tire from WEEKS AGO is DONE :D

Just in time for the rain we`re expecting,
Dennis

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Shook down the 30yr old sleep with close to 3k miles on it. Dry as a bone. Oil level never moved. Fork seal blew however. I hand built that thing from the ground up, sans any major engine work like pulling the engine out. So it's either hand tightened or torqued to spec.

Bike came with manuals and compared it with my current bike's manual. They all say at said maintenance interval, [wink-wink] inspect for leaks. So that means it needs no service till it leaks.

So when the bike was having the steering bearings repacked, both forks were bone dry. All the other liquids were replaced, splines greased, no fork oil change because, I think of it like the back shock oil living that long without a change-out.

I didn't see it weep, nor looked at the forks when I checked tire pressure. But I could hear the front end chatter or make some rattling noise going over bumps. Eventually caught it and kept riding till I had enough of adding any more damage if any (none).

It's seemed so effortless to drop the forks, separate them, see how clean the oil was, bought OEM both seals and oil. Started in and maybe put 7-8 hours taking my time for two days. Haven't ridden yet due to rain. Those forks are pit-less perfect. Glad it was well kept all those years.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,938 Posts
Yeah punxsybob I`ll be able to ride most of next week too...

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

20241 - 20260 of 20474 Posts