Honda Shadow Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 16997 Posts

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Rode up to the Lake and Back then all around town, felt really good.

I love my Bike, I repeat I LOVE my Bike!!

Saddlebags are scheduled for Friday delivery, hope they fit right, they're bigger
and not "Slant" type and they have Studs... throw-over type and removable with zipper which should be great for washing the bike. Got a great price on them from a dealer out east $61 + $18 ship.... ask if you want to see pics now.
to be continued....

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Rode up to the Lake and Back then all around town, felt really good.

I love my Bike, I repeat I LOVE my Bike!!

Saddlebags are scheduled for Friday delivery, hope they fit right, they're bigger
and not "Slant" type and they have Studs... throw-over type and removable with zipper which should be great for washing the bike. Got a great price on them from a dealer out east $61 + $18 ship.... ask if you want to see pics now.
to be continued....
Yeah. Good price. Pics please

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
They were listed as "Used" on Ebay by a Dealer in Maine. I got them for $61 + $18 Ship = $79. Cruiser Customizing wants $199 for them, Ebay Avg is $188.

They are in transit via UPS, ETA Friday.

I contacted the selling Dealer and they said they were basically new but "A Blem" They said the "Blem" is that one of the combination locks doesnt line-up.
They said they close correctly and the Quick-release buckles work but one of the locks is screwed up.

So I took a chance. I did ask them to send me an official Sales Receipt
and they said they did include it. If I cant fix or live with the "Blem" then there's a chance I can work with River Road on them.

That and I hope they fit, they should be fine .... LOL..........I took a Roll of the Dice.......... Such Excitement .... :p

Pictures of the Actual Saddlebags I am getting (they are in-transit now UPS)

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Bobolto, nice bags! One word of caution....
Add some soft fabric under the yoke to orevent the bags from scratching your purty paint job! But, regular wax jobs are going to protect the paint anyway....
Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Bobolto, If it,s the bottom of the lock that is off off center as it looks in the last picture then you can probably remount either the top or bottom (which ever is easier) with rivets or screws to align them and it won't even be noticeable.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Bobolto, If it,s the bottom of the lock that is off off center as it looks in the last picture then you can probably remount either the top or bottom (which ever is easier) with rivets or screws to align them and it won't even be noticeable.
Thanks nraluke , I hope so. I was actually thinking the exact same thing. We know they are not welded on... lol

Thank you

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Bobolto, nice bags! One word of caution....
Add some soft fabric under the yoke to orevent the bags from scratching your purty paint job! But, regular wax jobs are going to protect the paint anyway....
Looking forward to pics!
Thanks Coop.

I have Throw-Overs now and what I did was get a piece of black Felt (think pool table except black) at Michaels (don't tell anyone I was there...lol) and did just what you said,
I put it between the top of the fender and the throw-over.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Thanks Coop.

I have Throw-Overs now and what I did was get a piece of black Felt (think pool table except black) at Michaels (don't tell anyone I was there...lol) and did just what you said,
I put it between the top of the fender and the throw-over.

Thanks
Haha, epic face palm.... totally overlooked the bags looking at chrome, paint and chrome!
Michaels has stuff even real men need and need to select it on their own. No worries, I as well as a few others at least here have been there.
Yep, felt is perfect!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Took the bike out on a little run last weekend temps were good.. checked all levels of coolant, oil and gear oil. All maintenance looks good to do far. Just ordered brake/clutch fluid. Going to be First full year with a bike, can't wait for the spring to ride all the time..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sort of bike related. Awhile back I had built a small motorcycle garage from cheap lumber and plastic tarp walls and ceiling (still working great). One problem was pulling at night after I shut of the bike it was pretty dark in there. I had run an extension cord to the inside for a small light and my battery tender, it worked ok. Anyway , today I mounted a cheap motion control light inside. I have it pointed into the garage, so as I pull in it switches on. Just 2 CFL bulbs and there is plenty of light. I have it set for about 3 minutes then it turns off. This is enough time to dismount, remove gloves, glasses and such and plug in the battery tender if needed.

Sometimes it is the silly little things that make me happy.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sort of bike related. Awhile back I had built a small motorcycle garage from cheap lumber and plastic tarp walls and ceiling (still working great). One problem was pulling at night after I shut of the bike it was pretty dark in there. I had run an extension cord to the inside for a small light and my battery tender, it worked ok. Anyway , today I mounted a cheap motion control light inside. I have it pointed into the garage, so as I pull in it switches on. Just 2 CFL bulbs and there is plenty of light. I have it set for about 3 minutes then it turns off. This is enough time to dismount, remove gloves, glasses and such and plug in the battery tender if needed.

Sometimes it is the silly little things that make me happy.
I gotta run power out to my building sometime. Waiting for the ground to warm up some first. It's a solid building so no light unless the door is wide open, even then its still kinda dark. I've got a battery operated light like that, might have to stick it out there in the mean time. Thanks for the idea

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I ordered new float valve & gasket kits kits for the carbs..... then thought while the tank is off I might as well fit Accel coils and leads as well so ordered those as well :)
My last order arrived with the new side cover rubbers, Rear brake backing plate (my chrome is lifting and chroming over here is $$) and oil seal that was weeping.... But it will a spare as the leek stopped :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last night I re-assembled my carbs after re-jetting them and removed my stock air cleaner as I anticipate the arrival of my K&N in a few days. With a new baby at home, free time to work on the bike is a luxury these days!

2021 - 2040 of 16997 Posts