Honda Shadow Forums banner

2061 - 2080 of 16995 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Replaced my Petcock finally! Dern thing wouldnt turn off the gas, was always in the reserve position. All better now! :) It was an easier job than I thought!

·
Registered
16,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Not mine yet...However the ABATE Raffle Sportster got a facelift paintjob, I have the winning ABATE of Georgia Raffle ticket in my pocketbook, HOPEFULY...

Winner announced at the Swap Meet in Griffin GA April 6, I hope my number is called....

A $40 donation gives me two chances...

Y`all come!!!

Dennis
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/87-south-eastern-states-riders/285561-what-s-happening-local-rides-events.html
Good luck. I'll send some good vibes your way.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I finally put my saddle bags and my slipstreamer tombstone shield that have been laying around from my old bike. I took it for a quick spin to check the placement and wouldn't you know a small rock(or something) hit it. The shield is small but effective and may still need some fine tuning. I would like to get something along the lines of the Slipstreamer S-06 Spitfire, but it seems they cost money. For the time being the bugs and push back will have to deal with what I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Today I ordered a new battery and am EAGERLY awaiting its arrival. Since there is ice/snow on the ground here, I am trying my best to be ready for the brief thaw next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yesterday I fitted the Progressive 444 shocks to the rear, New brake backing plate, Replaced the steering head nut and washer, replaced the RH name plate, Fitted new rubbers for the side cover mounts........

Partzilla has been hard to keep away from :p

There are a few more bits I want to get but they can wait until I get the next lot on order fitted :D

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Changed out the coolant.
Nudged all the hose clamps tight again, drained the reservoir, ran 50/50 vinegar and water, lathered, rinsed, repeated......filled her up with fresh Prestone.
Some seriously dirty liquid came out of that radiator / engine.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Bought some 35watt chrome driving lights from Oreilys, hopefully they get installed this weekend, busy weekend, but should be fairly fast job. No worries, pics when it happens:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
checked the air in my tires and then rode to my doctors appointment. both the bike and I had good check ups

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
I added my first piece of bling to the bike today. For me this means a item thats only function is to make the bike look good.

Licence plate frame $5.50 +$1 for the stainless allen head fasteners and lock nuts.

The slippery slope has started LOL!

On the bling scale that's fairly low key so you are ok. But the slope is slippery and steep. I know you said you don't care for studs which is a good thing. I bought a pack of 250 and was compelled to use them all and buy another pack and keep going.

Here's how you know you've gone too far. I was stopping for a minute in front of a coffee shop when 2 gay guys crossed the street in front of me and were sort of snickering looking my way. I assumed they were looking at my bedazzled bike saying, "Reginald, I think that bike is even too gay for me!"
Oh, the dudes were holding hands so I'm pretty sure they were gay, in case you think I might have been falsely assessing these guys' orientation.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
I added my first piece of bling to the bike today. For me this means a item thats only function is to make the bike look good.

Licence plate frame $5.50 +$1 for the stainless allen head fasteners and lock nuts.

The slippery slope has started LOL!

Good for you Tom.

It shows you still care about your Bike, Think about your Bike and are still interested in making improvements to your Bike.

You know I have taken pride in adding things to my Bike too but I don't think my bike looks Gaudy or overdone, either does yours.

Have a great weekend Tom and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Told it off for a bit, fixed the dash light issue. Told it off some more. Polished it, warned it...then we shook hands and agreed to disagree.

2061 - 2080 of 16995 Posts