Honda Shadow Forums banner

16481 - 16488 of 16488 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
FAST commute from Boulder to Denver and back again. Gotta LOVE that the HOV/Toll lane is free for bikes!

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
Watch them painted areas when they`re wet...
Especially when braking, @smilie ...
I had the rear slip several times while braking on those wet painted lines, arrows and such, when I was riding on the Commander II`s
D..
Glad to hear you're back on 2 wheels, D! Yeah, I've had a couple pucker moments on the commander IIs. But then when you get a foot full of brake, it happens. I had an instance with the short lived Shinko I had on as well, and it's what I think is a softer compound. Sometimes we just want to slow a little faster than our tires capabilities.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I rode it to and from work. And this past weekend I bed-liner painted the right side cover (missing the left lol) the tank and tank cover, and the fenders, and I blacked-out the engine and exhaust, and put my big-ass leather saddlebags off of my previous '06 Boulevard on it. I got new black handlebars, mirrors, and grips I am putting on it tomorrow after work, and a batwing-ish windshield in delivery. And trying to find the right hard bags for it to replace the leather ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I rode it to and from work. And this past weekend I bed-liner painted the right side cover (missing the left lol) the tank and tank cover, and the fenders, and I blacked-out the engine and exhaust, and put my big-ass leather saddlebags off of my previous '06 Boulevard on it. I got new black handlebars, mirrors, and grips I am putting on it tomorrow after work, and a batwing-ish windshield in delivery. And trying to find the right hard bags for it to replace the leather ones.
View attachment 282429
And I am thinking about "gloss-blacking" all of the aluminum parts, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 282429
I like the blacked out look you are going for there.

16481 - 16488 of 16488 Posts
About this Discussion
16.5K Replies
1.2K Participants
Gundam-Monkey
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing