Honda Shadow Forums banner

16521 - 16540 of 16540 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
As for what I did on the bike today, I thought about re-doing the rectifier connector, may think about it again tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
6,932 Posts
Life, work, and weather's, kept her in the garage the last several weeks, so I put her on the tender. Clear tomorrow, so maybe a ride.

·
Registered
810 Posts
No excuse for me not to ride today other than I rode one of my other bikes for a quick trip to the store. I was building a picnic table/bench. There are 2 halves but the other pic wouldn't load.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Well not today but yesterday took bike to the shop.Left me stranded...push starter button,nothin!!
Check the switch itself. Had same thing happen to me when I got to a rally about 2HR from home. Checked everything else, but one of the wires came loose from the switch. Didn't have tools to solder it, so used a bandaid to hold it together so I could get the bike started, to get back home, and then couldn't work on soldering it for almost a week, and the bandaid held it fine.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Rode to work this morning. It was a chilly 25 degrees, according to the weatherman, with wind chill at 17. Grateful to have electric gloves, and good other gear!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Still able to ride to work here in Maryland...Was +3 this morning, a high of 15C is expected so quite nice riding weather

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Today? 11/27/19? ...Nothing. It's raining and will get windy later on.

Yesterday? 11/26/19? I rode my '07 Shadow Aero 750 back to my school bus lot, since the weather was beautiful, sunny, and warmed up to a surprising 65°F here in Virginia. However, as everyone knows the insane weather that Virginia gets, it quickly got colder once the sun started to set. Late in the afternoon around 5:00pm, I rode back home and darn near froze my a$$ off.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It was a beautiful day here today. I would have loved to ride but my mufflers were kind of rusted so I took advantage of a low humidity warm day to wire wheel them, rust kill and paint with rustoleum heat paint since a lot of the chrome was gone anyway.
View attachment 283872 View attachment 283873
Does anyone know exactly what kind of mufflers these are? I was thinking Cobra slash cut but these are not stainless steel and the chrome peeled off on some of them so it was not a premium chrome job on them. I was expecting some type of baffle but these are just straight through, you can see straight through them, with the baffles on the edges of the tube.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The bracket looks like Cobra to me.
I think you are looking for too much hoping for stainless steel.
The ones on my 750 ACE are chrome plated steel with some kind of plated metal shields held on by stainless steel worm gear clamps.
Baffle seems to be a straight through perforated tube in the glass pack muffler tradition, mine are non removable, welded in.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The bracket looks like Cobra to me.
I think you are looking for too much hoping for stainless steel.
The ones on my 750 ACE are chrome plated steel with some kind of plated metal shields held on by stainless steel worm gear clamps.
Baffle seems to be a straight through perforated tube in the glass pack muffler tradition, mine are non removable, welded in.
Thanks, That is what I was originally thinking. Hopefully I'll have them back on and go for a run tomorrow. I had to let the paint dry real good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got my new front tire put on. Added a set of saddle bag supports. Had the bars lowered 2". Really rides better, more nimble and lays over in the twisties like a bike is supposed to do. Much happier with it today. Cold ride to the shop this am at 8:30 & 33 degrees but worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I improved my gps mount, rerouted the wires and mount for auxiliary power, repaired the screen on the front vents for my helmet, and dismantled/repaired/reassembled the top vent on same helmet. Checked the aiming of my headlight and it was low after adjusting shocks, so re-aimed it and now everything feels so much better even though it all looks the same o_O

16521 - 16540 of 16540 Posts