Honda Shadow Forums banner

16541 - 16560 of 16576 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I broke it!!!Pulling the cover off and broke a wire that goes to the turn signal in the left mirror. None of the 6 signals work, tachometer doesn't work, lights in the tach and speedometer don't work. Hopefully only a fuse or flasher???
If it aint one darn thing it's something else)()(&*&^&^%^%$%$##@!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looked at her and wanted to cry. Still down, had my 7th surgery today and prayerfully it's the last one. Tired of holding my head out the window like a dog for wind therapy. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
rolled the scoot into the basement thru the double doors in the back of the house, threw a drop cloth over it for the winter rest & perhaps some scheduled maintenance. Chain has 20K++ in it now, and has a little stretch and a tight spot in it per last adjustment and checkout, so it might be time for a new chain. Jan or Feb cold months are a good time for maintenance in nice warn basement. Also put in 3oz a Seafoam for inactive mos...

·
Read Only
2,715 Posts
Looked at her and wanted to cry. Still down, had my 7th surgery today and prayerfully it's the last one. Tired of holding my head out the window like a dog for wind therapy. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You need a convertible for REAL "wind therapy"! Praying for a quick and complete recovery.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
On the morning of December 23rd and I rode the bike out of the shed across the snow and parked it in the clear driveway.
Lunch time rolls around and I was out on the dry roads shuttling back and forth between shopping malls and the house doing some last minute Christmas shopping and grocery gathering.
I saw a couple of other bikes out there with happy riders.
A bike sure makes crowded Mall parking easy and it was good to enjoy the warm weather, quite an anomaly in South Western, Ontario, Canada at this time of year.

BTW based on my somewhat limited latest testing, I still cannot recommend Shinko 777 tires for snow use.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It was really nice weather here in Texas today. I just ran up and down the highway for a few short errands. My bike seems to be running good.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Acquired my new/used 03 ace 750 with 7700 miles. First time I've ridden in 20 yrs. What a blast!
A 750 ACE is a good all round bike that can go for many tens of thousands of miles with basic maintenance, yours isn't even broken in yet!

Take it easy as you return to the bike, it will come back to you quickly both the good and bad habits, a lot more distracted drivers out there than there were 20 years ago, some folks might recommend a refresher riding course, I'll leave it at saying just that, it is your call.

Check the manufacture dates on the tires, if they are originals or over 6 years old, replace them, it is money well spent.

Have fun, be safe, remember at all times you are invisible to others on the road, so always plan yourself an escape route or three.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings and Happy New Year!

I bought my 1995 Shadow 1100 today! Rode to a Christian Motorcyclist Association bike blessing and stopped and ordered some new tires. Coming from a 2004 Kawasaki Concours sport-tourer this cruiser is a trip!

Looks like an ACE but serial # says it's a VT1100C, not a VT1100C2. Seems like a 4 speed tranny... or 5th won't engage...? The title says "Model VT11R" (?VT1100R?).

I'm glad I found this group. Be well ALL!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Look at the left side cover to see the gear range. I could never figure out why some 1100s are 4 speed or 5 speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings and Happy New Year!

I bought my 1995 Shadow 1100 today! Rode to a Christian Motorcyclist Association bike blessing and stopped and ordered some new tires. Coming from a 2004 Kawasaki Concours sport-tourer this cruiser is a trip!

Looks like an ACE but serial # says it's a VT1100C, not a VT1100C2. Seems like a 4 speed tranny... or 5th won't engage...? The title says "Model VT11R" (?VT1100R?).

I'm glad I found this group. Be well ALL!
I have a 1988 Shadow 4 speed. I believe the 88-89 were the 4 speed boxes. 35k and runs like a top.

·
Registered
16,383 Posts
I ain`t been able to say this for over 9 months, "I Straddled the saddle" & Fired that Mutha UP!!
I then rode to town for a tankful of Gas, then went on to church...
I logged about 25 miles...
Not much mileage nor a long ride BUT It was GREAT!!!

You see, this is the First time I`ve been on the road since my CRASH April 8th....

I`ve just not come up with a reason to take the Bike insteadda the truck until today...
I felt "It`s Time!" to get back into riding...
Drs released me back before Christmas but I hadn`t had the burning desire to ride, other than in parade and around the farm...
I didn`t fergit howto ;)
I wouldda taken the long way home after church, but it was raining when I left...
I had wanted to go back by the crash site, and a long ride, BUT weather isn`t cooperating today, this week or anytime soon...
BUT!!!
It felt GREAT!!!
Lets RIDE,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,383 Posts
Good for you Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I`m happy the weather did somewhat cooperate enough for me to get at least a short ride in...
The weather girls don`t show any sun in the forecast until Friday;(
Lets RIDE,
Dennis

16541 - 16560 of 16576 Posts