Honda Shadow Forums banner

16581 - 16596 of 16596 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
finalized the install of the seat back from a newer shadow, so when I take my wife around the block she'll be more comfortable. Got her all dressed up to go for a ride. Finalizing checks from winter storage, weather is turning, supposed to be dry and sunny, maybe a bit chilly. I'll take her out this week.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
After fitting the Progressive fork springs the front awhile back it has been too stiff for my liking with 10W oil so I got some 5W oil
Had a look and figured slipping the RF fork out was easy enough so tipped the oil out, measured the volume and replaced with the same volume of 5W and back together in record time :D

A quick test ride and it's not too soft, Will go for a long ride tonight and see if I like it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Filled the bike full of coolant, watched as it leaked it all out around the water pump (y)

Off to buy more o-rings tomorrow. Going to try to fire it up soon if it'll hold

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed my new handle bars, brake light, license plate frame and turn signals, finished the back exhaust pipe and started the front. My wide white wall tire show up tomorrow and my seat and electrical cover on Wednesday. Despite my wiring issues, should have the ol girl up and going again next weekend 😁

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Got her up on the lift yesterday and lubed the chain and adjusted it...
I also checked on how to go about mounting my "newsed" saddlebags...
The worst part was clearing the "catch All Table" the lift had become ;)
Still to do>>
1) check crossover tube and fix the leak...
I`ll try twisting it to see IF it`ll re-seat itself a second time > I did that some time ago and it quit leaking for a spell...
2) fabricate brackets to mount them bags...
3) replace the busted turn signal housing from the "wreck"
4) re-mout LEDs "extra Brakelights onto the "newsed Bags" and mount extra Turn signals on `em Too....
Plus > whatever I`ve forgotten,
Dennis
I sure hate that I Crashed!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Got her up on the lift yesterday and lubed the chain and adjusted it...
I also checked on how to go about mounting my "newsed" saddlebags...
The worst part was clearing the "catch All Table" the lift had become ;)
Still to....
Murphy's law of horizontal surfaces, where there's a flat surface crap will accumulate.

·
Registered
16,413 Posts

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Thanks fer the reminder that I gotta luggage rack amongst my stuff, I`ve not seen it lately ;)
Looking Good! @Ironwolf
I`ve got my saddlebag mount just about figured out ;)

D

16581 - 16596 of 16596 Posts