Honda Shadow Forums banner

16581 - 16600 of 17278 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
finalized the install of the seat back from a newer shadow, so when I take my wife around the block she'll be more comfortable. Got her all dressed up to go for a ride. Finalizing checks from winter storage, weather is turning, supposed to be dry and sunny, maybe a bit chilly. I'll take her out this week.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
After fitting the Progressive fork springs the front awhile back it has been too stiff for my liking with 10W oil so I got some 5W oil
Had a look and figured slipping the RF fork out was easy enough so tipped the oil out, measured the volume and replaced with the same volume of 5W and back together in record time :D

A quick test ride and it's not too soft, Will go for a long ride tonight and see if I like it

Reactions: blue flames

·
Registered
43 Posts
Filled the bike full of coolant, watched as it leaked it all out around the water pump (y)

Off to buy more o-rings tomorrow. Going to try to fire it up soon if it'll hold

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I installed my new handle bars, brake light, license plate frame and turn signals, finished the back exhaust pipe and started the front. My wide white wall tire show up tomorrow and my seat and electrical cover on Wednesday. Despite my wiring issues, should have the ol girl up and going again next weekend ?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I sat in my FREEZING cold garage and looked at her...while a single tear froze to my cheek.

C'MON SPRING!!!!!
Oi... that sucks. 80 here today and I can’t ride because I’m building

·
Registered
16,928 Posts
Got her up on the lift yesterday and lubed the chain and adjusted it...
I also checked on how to go about mounting my "newsed" saddlebags...
The worst part was clearing the "catch All Table" the lift had become ;)
Still to do>>
1) check crossover tube and fix the leak...
I`ll try twisting it to see IF it`ll re-seat itself a second time > I did that some time ago and it quit leaking for a spell...
2) fabricate brackets to mount them bags...
3) replace the busted turn signal housing from the "wreck"
4) re-mout LEDs "extra Brakelights onto the "newsed Bags" and mount extra Turn signals on `em Too....
Plus > whatever I`ve forgotten,
Dennis
I sure hate that I Crashed!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Got her up on the lift yesterday and lubed the chain and adjusted it...
I also checked on how to go about mounting my "newsed" saddlebags...
The worst part was clearing the "catch All Table" the lift had become ;)
Still to....
Murphy's law of horizontal surfaces, where there's a flat surface crap will accumulate.

·
Registered
16,928 Posts
Thanks fer the reminder that I gotta luggage rack amongst my stuff, I`ve not seen it lately ;)
Looking Good! @Ironwolf
I`ve got my saddlebag mount just about figured out ;)

D

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,928 Posts
I have the same rack on Eve. It's been used quite a bit and looks good too.

·
Registered
16,928 Posts
On a Whim to ride, I let my Baby down off the lift, straddled the saddle and put on nearly 100 miles yesterday :D
I Left out just at sunset, (6pm) and rode for close to an hour through the rural route to Vienna GA.
. I wanted to attend a memorial for a brother from another mother, who passed recently.
Then rode home last night...
`Twas my FIRST Long ride after dark since my encounter on April 8 ;)
One fella at the meeting said to me, "It`ll be chilly going back to Americus."
I told him, "Naah, it was Chilly coming over here. It`s gonna be COLD going back!"...
It WAS!!!
I looked at temperature when I got home, it read 36 degrees outside, 76 inside on the thermometer at my easy chair :D
I hadta soak my right hand in warm water to get feeling in it ...
I sure do miss my "Redneck Fairing" for wind blocking that COLD air off my hands...
BUT!
Don`tchjyaKnow, that was the ONLY Cold spot I had...
Then today, I rode to Ellaville to get a sack of sugar for Ice Tea and a battery for my "On Dash" thermometer for my bike and some hearing aid batteries too...

It is GREAT to be Back in th` Saddle,
Dennis

I even rode my 8N and plowed a bit of field today too ;)

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,928 Posts
On a Whim to ride, I let my Baby down off the lift, straddled the saddle and put on nearly 100 miles yesterday :D
I Left out just at sunset, (6pm) and rode for close to an hour through the rural route to Vienna GA.
. I wanted to attend a memorial for a brother from another mother, who passed recently.
Then rode home last night...
`Twas my FIRST Long ride after dark since my encounter on April 8 ;)
One fella at the meeting said to me, "It`ll be chilly going back to Americus."
I told him, "Naah, it was Chilly coming over here. It`s gonna be COLD going back!"...
It WAS!!!
I looked at temperature when I got home, it read 36 degrees outside, 76 inside on the thermometer at my easy chair :D
I hadta soak my right hand in warm water to get feeling in it ...
I sure do miss my "Redneck Fairing" for wind blocking that COLD air off my hands...
BUT!
Don`tchjyaKnow, that was the ONLY Cold spot I had...
Then today, I rode to Ellaville to get a sack of sugar for Ice Tea and a battery for my "On Dash" thermometer for my bike and some hearing aid batteries too...

It is GREAT to be Back in th` Saddle,
Dennis

I even rode my 8N and plowed a bit of field today too ;)
Welcome back Cap!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally did my first real mod, besides rebuilding the carbs and rejetting, new bars! Nothing crazy and not a great pic but hey. Now if i can just get the damn thing to maintain 70mph going up a hill ill be set lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

16581 - 16600 of 17278 Posts