Honda Shadow Forums banner

16601 - 16620 of 16679 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Drilled the welds holding the two into one chrome trim piece then cut the muffler off, plan is to take the rest of the chrome trim off the muffler and use it to cover the custom muffler I'm making, I really like the stock look but want more rumble, I don't like the sound of the drill and baffle punch mod, and don't want to gut and ruin it in case I ever want to return it to stock.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
I got thecsaddlebags from a Road King mounted yesterday to see where they`re gonna sit and a looky see at the overall look on my Baby....
I still gotta build braces to go underneath for added support...
I think they`ll be OK where they sit and all, BUT I see that I MAY need to put some "filler" in to take up some space between the fender and thebags...
Near `bout 3" at the front... It meets the seat but there`s space behind the seat what is an open area, but close at the rear where it meets the fender...
"Getting `er Done", I am,
Dennis

·
Registered
531 Posts
Carefully finished getting the last piece of chrome off the muffler, now I'll be able to attach it to my new setup with some nice chrome button heads, will look stock till you hear it.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Finished the saddlebag install yesterday and this morning before church, I dragged out the spare parts bin to locate a front left turn signal housing...
Then went to church and an ABATE District Thirteen meeting, It has been a good Day!
Motorcycles since early,
Dennnis

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Replaced the broken left front turnsignal housing and bent headlight ring, this morning...
Thank You @C5rider for that headlight, I didn`t need the whole bucket, but the headlight and ring worked well...
And thank you to whom ever sent that spare parts box with turnsignals and signal parts in it...I was able to replace just thehousing...

I wish I had kept a log of items sent what to Broke Biker Mission... ;)
I`ve had to dip into those donations too...
I never hadda thought it would be me needing parts, but Thank You all for donating...

Slowly, it`s coming together...
Danged Rain is keeping me from trying my new LED headlight,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Third post in a row???

Am I the only one doing stuff this week??

I got the old saddlebags cleaned out and realized I carry some stuff I ain`t touched in years :D

I removed the LEDs I had attached and other hardware, pouches and usable leather also...

I got the oil, filter and sparkplugs to change too...

Come on Guys, "Git `er Done"
Dennis

·
Registered
883 Posts
Third post in a row???

Am I the only one doing stuff this week??
If you're willing to front the bill I'd be putting hardbags on mine right now! Mmyep, it's totally your fault I'm not doing anything to my bike right now.
ᵀʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ˢᵃʳᶜᵃˢᵐ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸ
But just for you I'll go out and make sure the moth balls are still on top of the tool case under the rear seat, because every winter the mice insist on going in there and building a nest.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
The trail cam we got facing the road has a picture of me riding this morning when I took mail to the box :D
Yes, I`m happy to be of blame @Ravo ;) I can accept that today,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Pulled her outta her parking spot in the polebarn into the sun...
It`s SHINING for a change ;):
She sure looks good with all them busted, scraped and broken parts replaced,. and the list gets SHORTER!!!

I`ll RIDE tomorrow, didn`t make time today...
It`s Windy!
Dennis

Still got that left side cover and "Redneck Fairing"/hand protection and feet wind/rain guard to replace yet

·
Registered
531 Posts
Got the exhaust buttoned up, re-jetted the carbs for the exhaust and the new air cleaner, but I put the stock one back on because it's only forty four degrees, still a little lean for the temperature, but I've been itching for a ride I froze but it was fun, it's supposed to be warmer here tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Got the exhaust buttoned up, re-jetted the carbs for the exhaust and the new air cleaner, but I put the stock one back on because it's only forty four degrees, still a little lean for the temperature, but I've been itching for a ride I froze but it was fun, it's supposed to be warmer here tomorrow. View attachment 285366
Looks Great!
I bet it`s LOUD!!!

I might just try that, Thanks for the incentive,
Dennis

16601 - 16620 of 16679 Posts