Honda Shadow Forums banner

16621 - 16640 of 17051 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,477 Posts
It rides again!

It did get the side cover on before it headed out.
Started right up on half choke, and then I pushed it in and nursed it for a few seconds.
Took about a half mile to run clean, I did a loop of the city and picked up a couple of packs of printer paper at MalWart at then rode some more.
Saw 4 smiling bikers in my travels, but it was a perfect day for it roads good, drivers bad, so refreshing after being off the bike due to the weather.
I've said it before and I'll say it again Shinko 777's tend to suckle in the snow.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Not today, BUT yesterday >
Knocked ice from the seat, wiped the windshield & mirrors @ 36 degrees and rode!
Had a 9:30 meeting canceled at church before Sunday school so I went for a 45 minutes ride through rural GA...
Rode by my April crash site for the first time and made it back in time for Sunday school :D
Then afterwards took the Long Way home...
Then > Went on a Sunset Cruise and checked out my $10 LED Headlight bulb, It SUCKS!!!
I`m GLAD to see the Sun, TWO Days running, I got some paint on today...
Up & Down a ladder ALL Day...
I`m woh- slap out,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Another day of painting and ladder work, I`m WOH OUT!
BUT > I rode tonite!! :D
I took that crappy LED outta the bucket & installed my faithful Silverstar ;)
I had tried adjusting that LED with No good result, so I hadto readjust the headlight tonite, It`s good!
Didn`t do nothing else to my baby today...
It feels GOOD to ride,
Dennis

Almost home and saw a dead deer partly on the road & on the side of the road at my neighbors house...

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
697 Posts
Bored and staying inside so I randomly decided to space the front side of my tank up about 3”, mostly did it for looks but now there is the added bonus that I can see my speedometer without having to tilt my head down.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
697 Posts
Parts I had laying around, I essentially rigged it with wood, exhaust strapping, some stiff A/C hose and some 3/8” cold rolled rod. Trying to decide if I like the change enough to weld the mounts direct to the frame, right now it’s completely reversible.

If you’ve ever had the tank off I took the front rubber isolators and made a vertical extension that added 3” in height to the stock front mounting location. Turns out I really like it after a 30 mile ride so I think the welder is going to get fired up next weekend if I can motivate myself to get the argon tank filled.

Reactions: blue flames

·
Registered
643 Posts
Parts I had laying around, I essentially rigged it with wood, exhaust strapping, some stiff A/C hose and some 3/8” cold rolled rod. Trying to decide if I like the change enough to weld the mounts direct to the frame, right now it’s completely reversible.

If you’ve ever had the tank off I took the front rubber isolators and made a vertical extension that added 3” in height to the stock front mounting location. Turns out I really like it after a 30 mile ride so I think the welder is going to get fired up next weekend if I can motivate myself to get the argon tank filled.
You've given me an idea :unsure:

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,910 Posts
Took off the seat and tank. Pulled the carbs to remove the shim under each slide. I changed the o-rings for the crossover coolant tube as well. O-rings were way easy with the faux fins and carbs out of the way. No more coolant leak and the carbs seem dialed in now. Funny after 3 times out and back in I ended up with stock configuration except 1 size up with slow jets.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,266 Posts
Trimmed six inches off the windshield to stop the wind buffeting, it's not comfortable when your head is getting shaken.
I know what you mean. When I first got my Spirit up on the freeway it would beat my head around so bad I was ready to get rid of the bike. What good is a cruiser that can't cruise above 50? My windshield was able to be adjusted down and the angle of the shield was leaned back more. That helped a lot and made a big difference.

·
Registered
2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 / 1949 Matchless G3L
54 Posts
Adjusted the air/fuel and idle. Wired the rear turn signals to always stay on and wired in a brake light strobe. Getting ready to ride when the temp is above 40°.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I parked on the lift when I rode last, but ain`t touched nothing really other than put the toolbag in place to see how it looks, I Did change oil, sparkplugs and lubed the chain before my weekend excursion, but procrastination has done set in ;)
Twisting that "crossover tube" reseated the O Rings and it don`t drip none :D

It`s GREAT to be Riding again,
Dennis

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,860 Posts
You know the problem with springfever, =
There is a condition called "lead-itis". Where all the iron in your body turns to lead and settles in your butt.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I been Painting this week, I been on a ladder and Woh Slap Out!!!
BUT.
I WILL get my baby done, I`m glad to be riding again,
Dennis

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,266 Posts
I checked out my tire pressure, oil level, and then took it for about a 100 mile spin. All is up and running good.

16621 - 16640 of 17051 Posts