Honda Shadow Forums banner

16641 - 16660 of 16679 Posts

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Rode to a meeting last night and parked back on the lift again...
I`ll probably get something done to her this time ;)
I GOTTA get my extra Brake lights (2- 18" LED strips) hooked back up!
AND I need my Right rear turn signal working too,
Dennis

·
Registered
49 Posts
the chrome cap that acts as a hold down for the front of the gas tank on the 1999 Aero 1100. It's been blinding me when the sun hits it right. Finally painted the bugger black, what a relief!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Took it in for an oil change a new tires...wow, what a difference the new Michelin Anakee Adventure tires make..a much more "stickier" tire than what came with the bike.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Rode it :D
I took off to church with 56 degrees showing on the thermometer @ 7:56 ...
Church is not being held BUT the preacher made a video on DVD for whoever would like to have it, so I met him...

I`ve filled all my vehicles, gas cans, lawnmower & tractor @ $1.80..
JUSTin case gas Prices skyrocket.
I ain`t believing it`s under $2 again...
I made the comment WAAY Back, "We`ll not see it below $2"
BUT>..
I`ve not had NON-ethanol in my tank in a while, but since the price came down to $2.09 I filled up this morning, to see IF my mileage would be the same as it had in the past...
BUT Ethanol laced gas delivered 47 MPGs this tankful I just replaced...
Might aughtta see 53 on my next fillup, IF nothing has changed ;)
New sparkplugs, oil change and Gas change too,
Dennis

Be SAFE

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Yea
Did the dreaded crossover coolant orings today, not to bad.
Yeah @Joereese2 , the worst part is getting myself into a position to git `er done...
BUT> where there`s a will, there`s a away...;)
My lift sure helps with reaching that spot ;)
I turned mine and it quit leaking, it reseated the O-Rings I reckon...
I like them QUICK FIXES :D

Please everyone Stay SAFE,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So I looked at the bike, it wanted to play, but the weather looked nice, but the dog water dish was frozen solid so it was a no go for me.

I did get back to working on another pair of carbs for my bike and they are cleaning up OK for 32 year old carbs that had a story to tell.
I'm getting close to getting them back together, but now I'm to the point that I need to heat treat the slide springs and my wife is not distancing herself from the kitchen and oven long enough.
It's getting frustrating.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rode it to the DIY to pick up some soap and a security camera.
A little chilly but it still was a nice ride, definitely need saddlebags, also cut the new back plate for my Edlbrock air cleaner.

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Looking Good @chevyman_ky !!!
I just got back from meandering through rural GA...
Had to go see a woman on the other side of town, so I took the "Andersonville Trail" route...
What wouldda been a twenty minutes rode ride took me longer thattaway, with plenty of springtime blossems in the woods and yards along the way...
It`s 20 miles going the direct or short way but `twas 50 the way I went :D
It SURE is GREAT to be back in the saddle!!!!!

Stay SAFE,
Dennis
We`re CDC compliant

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Added some 4.5 inch risers to my X. Haven’t gotten out to try them yet, rain.

Feels good sitting there though. Not reaching as much.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bit the bullet on the fork job today and installed +6” fork tubes from Franks, they’re everything I ever wanted.

And yeah, I gotta order a tube before I put the new tire on. Need to aim my headlight again now too...

Edit: For the record, the absolute shortest brake line you can run with 18” apes and 6” extended forks is 54”, the factory electronic speed sensor however reaches the front wheel without modification if you pull the harness out of the headlight as far as it will go.

16641 - 16660 of 16679 Posts