Honda Shadow Forums banner

16701 - 16718 of 16718 Posts

·
Registered
16,526 Posts
Rode through the yard today...
Hadta get the lift clear so I could change blades on the wife`s mower, so whilst I had the bike off it, I took a spin through the back yard...(it`s five acres;)...
BUT> I mainly rode on the tractor today though, had a field I need to get ready to plant...

Stay away from that virus,
Dennis

them new pegs are OK

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I plugged my bike into the maintenance charger. The battery was fine, but I'm not meant to go out other than for essentials and other family members seem to be taking care of that, which is both a plus and minus.
When I do manage to escape the house in the near future, it will probably be driving my car for something that won't fit on the bike.

Doing my best to stay away from the virus, but starting to get "Shack Wacky".

·
Registered
4,809 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Gave the wing an oil change and checked the air on the shadow. A few pounds low no biggie aired back to specs. I think I've earned a ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you cutting the new one down? How does cutting rear corners off on the old one affect buffeting? Or is that the new one? Looks a little lighter blue.
Not cutting the new one down. The new one is a different shade of color. Bottom pic was of the broken windshield from when I laid the bike down.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Not cutting the new one down. The new one is a different shade of color. Bottom pic was of the broken windshield from when I laid the bike down.
Oh! It looks like it was purposely cut that way lol. Still I wonder how it changes air flow. I'm thinking about cutting down the shield on my wife's VLX. It is way too tall even for me the top is right at eye level. Can't really look over it. Maybe I'll cut the bottom too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh! It looks like it was purposely cut that way lol. Still I wonder how it changes air flow. I'm thinking about cutting down the shield on my wife's VLX. It is way too tall even for me the top is right at eye level. Can't really look over it. Maybe I'll cut the bottom too.
What brand and size windshield is on the vlx? I think it would be easier to order a small size instead of cutting it down. With the piece broken off I could definitely tell a difference in air flow.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
What brand and size windshield is on the vlx? I think it would be easier to order a small size instead of cutting it down. With the piece broken off I could definitely tell a difference in air flow.
It's a Memphis shades shield. 18" if I remember right. I've seen you can buy just the plastic. Cutting it down makes me nervous. I have a plexiglass blade for my saw. "If" I cut it I wanna shape it so it's not so narrow at the top. Making less of an arch if that makes sense.

·
Registered
986 Posts
That wind screen looks similar to the one I have. I was able to realign the holes on mine and shift it down. Mine is now lower than eye level. For me the buffeting was decreased. Thoughts of buffeting: I had to move an empty 5 gallon gas can so I took my bike for about 40 miles each direction. With that empty gas can on the back it seemed like my buffeting was increased a whole lot. I have the small sissy bar on the back. I was wondering how much that backrest contributes to the buffeting. It does seem like air flow over the back of the bike affects the buffeting some. I never thought about that before.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
That wind screen looks similar to the one I have. I was able to realign the holes on mine and shift it down. Mine is now lower than eye level. For me the buffeting was decreased. Thoughts of buffeting: I had to move an empty 5 gallon gas can so I took my bike for about 40 miles each direction. With that empty gas can on the back it seemed like my buffeting was increased a whole lot. I have the small sissy bar on the back. I was wondering how much that backrest contributes to the buffeting. It does seem like air flow over the back of the bike affects the buffeting some. I never thought about that before.
Interesting. I never considered what the air does behind me. On my 1100 I have the fats and it feels like I'm being pushed in the back. I had an old NC screen before. It wasn't as wide and I didn't feel air hitting my back. Sissy bar pad is the same as always. I put MS lowers on it helped some.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bored and staying inside so I randomly decided to space the front side of my tank up about 3”, mostly did it for looks but now there is the added bonus that I can see my speedometer without having to tilt my head down.

View attachment 285555
Aight, gotta put a caveat in here... if you space the tank up like this and you fill the tank to the brim and wait then fill more like I always do at gas stops you will learn that the OEM tank vent will leak off about an ounce of gas, the internal routing must be affected enough to allow filling fuel into the vent line when the tank is angled like it is.

Not gonna change my tank... but I’ll fill it less next time I stop, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I'm furloughed due to pandemic, it's time to give the bike some serious work. Today I hope to strip off the extra headlights and bar and associated wiring, clear out the random extra abandoned wiring I know is there, Not sure if I feel brave enough to try to tackle replacing the fork seals and bearings, I'm more comfortable with electrical by trade. I may just pull the forks and take them to a local shop to get the bits replaced. If it doesn't stop raining, however, since I don't have a garage it may just be a day of staring longingly out the window.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Today is when secondary Mode of Transpo becomes primary MOT.

My car head some beef with utility pole....and LOST. "Beef" was made reality after a 91 yo man pulled out in front of me. The GOOD: no one injured; different story if i was on my bike. The BAD: my car ate it hard. The UGLY: At his age, he shouldn't be driving endangering countless other unsuspecting drivers or for his own safety, be outside with COVID lurking about for its next RIPE victim.

In the video, i will enter screen from left. Negligent driver is pictured waiting to enter traffic. security footage of accident

Stay safe out there fellow riders, there is more than just the virus that can put you or your love ones in harms way.

ADDD4C87-A7FF-4103-A405-204D3A9DFC8C.jpeg 7C1B3B70-B229-4AA2-A406-F24079E6FB1E.jpeg B4A46220-990F-43BE-BD5D-D782D893E909_1_201_a.jpeg CB0F0987-4982-4A54-A4CC-2786740FD3B7.jpeg

·
Registered
16,526 Posts
We Gotta Watch Out!!
Yeah, folks who can`t see or drive responsibly don`t need to be driving..I agree @Kujo

BUT on my end >
I saw oil under my Baby on the lift the other day, I wiped it up to see IF I had spilled some on my oil change or my chain had dripped a bit onto the "table"...Only to find more oil this morning...
I sprayed it good with cleaner and brushed the area... I will check later to see where it`s coming from???
I`ve NEVER had any oil under my Baby!!

Stay away from that virus,
Dennis

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
When your Baby is leaking, do the "Baby Powder trick"= clean it well and throw some powder under it, and run it for a while and check for the darkening,damp area.

16701 - 16718 of 16718 Posts