Honda Shadow Forums banner

16801 - 16820 of 17023 Posts

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
I finally got all the built up crud from underneath and around the counter sprocket, so NOW I`ll see where my leak is...

She`s blowing the turn/brake/horn fuse now too...

It don`t do one any good to CRASH,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
More like what I did to the bike this week.

It lives outdoors all winter, so it was time for a good cleaning up. Now that I've retired, I have the time to do a more thorough job rather than the quick wash,wax,'n go that sufficed previously.

I have fresh oil and filters ready to go but I wanted to get it inspected first. It passed except for the rear tire which had run low on tread. The front tire just barely passed, but it was showing small signs of dry rot and they asked if I wanted to replace it now. I said yes since I have a lot of riding to do whenever the campgrounds open up and this damned polar vortex goes away. They were on the bike when I bought it two years ago. The bike was a garage queen, so they were likely older than they looked. I still got two good years out of them. I just don't take chances with tires.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the Michelin Commander II's, (my favorite) in stock, so I told them to keep the bike until they come in since it's too sucky outside to ride enjoyably anyway.
When I get it back, then I'll change the fluids.

They maybe stuff:
I was going to replace the exhaust with the V&H pipes, but I decided I like the look and relatively quiet sound of the stock pipes, so I'm considered installing a louder horn to get attention when needed. Maybe some extra lights, too. We'll see.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Battery drained so I charged it and re wired my fairing to turn on and off when I turn the key. However the 12v charging port is still hot got to figure that out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
686 Posts
Great day! Did my seasonal tuning maintenance today, checked fluids, adjusted air/fuel mixture screws, cleaned air filter, re-synched carbs and checked my plug gaps as well plugs looked good so they stayed in the holes but I did lean the mixture screws out a bit.

Went for a 200+ miles ride and broke two personal records. Longest distance from full tank to reserve which is now 144.5 miles and best MPG over a whole tank, 56.4mpg. Really think I could potentially do 200 miles to a tank.

Reactions: CSRoad

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Rode all over the damn place. After cleaning the love bugs off my vest, helmet and boots, I’m about to clean the bikes.
Love bug season... means it’s time to finish up my exhaust 100% and paint and polish some parts!

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
Today, All I`ve done, so far, is"Show her Off" :D
Had a riding buddy stop by to take a look at my progress, he never saw the damage though...
I straddled the saddle and pulled her from her place in the barn, I saw him chuckle, as I rounded the corner and threw down the kickstand...
When he saw that Heritage Softtail front fender he had to laugh...
He says he MAY not be able to ride anymore since his stroke...
Lift Chris in prayer please

I`m going Riding,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
Rode all over the damn place. After cleaning the love bugs off my vest, helmet and boots, I’m about to clean the bikes.
Love bug season... means it’s time to finish up my exhaust 100% and paint and polish some parts!
Yeah, I saw our first love bug on the windshield yesterday...

I`m glad we`re more north,
Dennis

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well... wanted to go for a long ride early, walked out to the garage and smelled gas and found the 13yr old factory fuel pump leaking from the seam where the two halves are assembled. Thought it may be the tank vent but further inspection was the pump. Did some quick research and found these engines run fine without the pump, the pump is actually more of a safety kill to stop fuel flow if it falls over with key on.

So knowing is was superfluous I just finished deleting the OEM fuel pump and looping the line back to the top of the carbs, it’s tight but it fits and can be done with all OEM pieces already on the bike. Now I have gravity feed fuel, hooray simplicity. Ten mile test ride confirms all works as normal without the pump.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Put her back together and washed her really good. Then I waxed her all while momma was sleep. Shhhh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Yeah, I saw our first love bug on the windshield yesterday...

I`m glad we`re more north,
Dennis
They are in the first stages of full swing here.... Bah! I guess it’s okay. I’ve lived in places with down seasons.... it could be way worse. A winter’s worth of maintenance and work in 3 weeks! Brew the pot and get to work!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow VT750CD3
10 Posts
I sat on it, I circled around it multiple times, and I just want to get to know her. Just picked her up the other day and can't even get a license in these hectic times. At least I have a warm garage to sit in and get to know each other.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I sat on it, I circled around it multiple times, and I just want to get to know her. Just picked her up the other day and can't even get a license in these hectic times. At least I have a warm garage to sit in and get to know each other.
This is terrible advice, but I’m good at that. At least in my state, unless you’re being very reckless they have orders in place to not pull vehicles over without good cause. To me, that says “ride away”. 😁

·
Registered
2001 Shadow VT750CD3
10 Posts
This is terrible advice, but I’m good at that. At least in my state, unless you’re being very reckless they have orders in place to not pull vehicles over without good cause. To me, that says “ride away”. 😁
Nnnoooottttt really how it works around here. Up and down the driveway is all I got

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nnnoooottttt really how it works around here. Up and down the driveway is all I got
Didn’t notice the Canadian flag at first, yeah don’t do anything I say they’ll arrest you. 😂 Being a totally Horrible influence is probably my best trait, hehe. Here in WA, unless you’re blatantly driving like a loon they ignore it right now, school zone speed limits have been removed since schools are closed, lol.

Reactions: Ranma

·
Registered
643 Posts
Started pulling together the materials I have on hand for making my floorboards, pulled off the pegs, AND it starts raining UUUGGHHH!

I don't have much room in my shed, so when I work on things, stuff has to go outside, bust my A** doing everyone else's crap Thur Fri Sat, weather was beautiful, finally get time for my stuff, it rains :mad:

·
Premium Member
2004 Shadow Aero (VT750)
51 Posts
(interesting, didn't realize my VPN would affect my location on here. I'm still in Canada!)

New windshield plastic came in, so I pulled the hardware off the old one and got that installed today.

Measured up what I'll need for shorter bolts after I take off the backrest to put the topbox on.

Brake flasher came in today, so that's on the to do list too.

I have a couple of other "not so fun" things to do like coolant and final drive oil change.

I've been a real funk the past few days. I didn't even want to ride my bike today. I had planned to go out after work because it was a beautiful day after a few days of bad weather but I was in such a rotten mood that I asked my boyfriend if I could ride on back with him. The only time that ever happens is if I'm leaving my bike or car somewhere or picking it up and I need a ride one way. Here's hoping I snap out of it soon.

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
Rode IT!!!
I RODE to town, hadto carry my tractor tire in for repair and will RIDE tomorrow to pick it up too...
I brought the wheel home to repair it, left the tire and tube there..
Just an excuse toget another RIDE!!!

Been mowing and plowing with the tractor for two weeks now,
Dennis
Seat time on the Tractor is pert near as good as Riding the Bike :D

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
(interesting, didn't realize my VPN would affect my location on here. I'm still in Canada!)

New windshield plastic came in, so I pulled the hardware off the old one and got that installed today.

Measured up what I'll need for shorter bolts after I take off the backrest to put the topbox on.

Brake flasher came in today, so that's on the to do list too.

I have a couple of other "not so fun" things to do like coolant and final drive oil change.

I've been a real funk the past few days. I didn't even want to ride my bike today. I had planned to go out after work because it was a beautiful day after a few days of bad weather but I was in such a rotten mood that I asked my boyfriend if I could ride on back with him. The only time that ever happens is if I'm leaving my bike or car somewhere or picking it up and I need a ride one way. Here's hoping I snap out of it soon.
Snap outta that Funk, Girl!!!
Get in the saddle, head for the curves
That`ll Kill that stuff,
Dennis

16801 - 16820 of 17023 Posts