Honda Shadow Forums banner

16901 - 16920 of 17016 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sealed the leak in the tank and going to put her back together today and start it up.
Still have a shifter lever to tighten or fix.
I got the license plate yesterday and transferred the title so she’s officially mine and 2 more cylinders added to my “Cylinder-count”. Up to 21 now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed a new battery and tried to start it. It turned over but no spark. I found 2 of the resistor plug caps are faulty. Ordered an NOS and aftermarket from Ebay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed a Mustang Wide Touring double seat with a backrest. Didn't get to ride it yet but the butt sure appreciates it, as does the ol' lady :) I've had Mustangs in the past but the quality and construction has improved dramatically in the 20 years since I last had one. Such a stunning contrast to the flimsy plastic pan stock seat!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750
547 Posts
Added a gear position indicator..

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,819 Posts
Interesting about the gear indicator.
Show us what that unit looks like.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I will try to get a picture up of the gear position indicator this weekend.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Interesting about the gear indicator.
Show us what that unit looks like.
Here is a picture of the indicator mounted on top of the handlebar riser.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Honda Shadow Aero
19 Posts
Rode for a bit and then pulled the saddlebags and sissy bar. Will clean them up and store them away. Pulled the cup holder off earlier this week.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
678 Posts
Here is a picture of the indicator mounted on top of the handlebar riser.
Tach, clock, voltmeter and gear position indicator?! Damn, you went full on with the information gauges, I like it. Go big or go home! What clock is that? I want one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Tach, clock, voltmeter and gear position indicator?! Damn, you went full on with the information gauges, I like it. Go big or go home! What clock is that? I want one.
That is actually a watch that a friend gave me about 15 years ago to strap to a bike.I ground the hooks off each side where the band would have attached and used velcro on the back. Unfortunately Honda has now set the Aero up with the clock reading military time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sweet! I take it they are for fuel injected bikes only?
This model is ,yes.It plugs into the diagnostic port under the right side cover of the Aero. They may be available for older carb'd bikes too with a different way of hooking up.I am not sure.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Loaded up my gear and rode to the pistol range this morning, and after blowing my self imposed ammo allowance, went home and locked up my gear then got on the interstate and ran up to a store that advertised ammo in stock, only to find bare shelves due to the fear of rioters, so no sales until calmer times.
Then took the long way home, a little chilly by the lake, but worth it.

16901 - 16920 of 17016 Posts