Honda Shadow Forums banner

16941 - 16960 of 17034 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Test rode the bike today to see how the "washer on the needle" carb mod I did yesterday affected the drivability.
I've been doing the "washer on the needle" mod to the last 4 or so bikes I've owned and it has worked out for the better.

Mostly adding one washer as two washers would coil bind that little spring inside the needle keeper, but this time I was able to get 2 washers in my VT750 spirit.
That spring can be clipped to allow 2 washers on other bikes but I'm not one to do something that cannot be easily undone.
I'm not going to try and claim any performance improvement with my butt dyno but can report it has way less exhaust crackle on decel now.
I'll have to run a few tanks of gas thru it to determine what the MPG are now but didn't experience anything negative on my 50+ mile ride today.
:)
Edit: FYI those washers are 0.020" thick, so 2 total 040" and I've punched washers out of beer can material before to fine tune even further.

·
Registered
02 Honda Shadow VT1100C
20 Posts
Finally reassembled everything after painting breather cover I made for the solo seat conversion. Then went for a ride of course

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
172 Posts
This week I put on new tires and concluded my planned upgrades and fixes. Yesterday and today I cleaned/detailed her, and while having my hands everywhere up her skirts I thought it a good time to name her. Today, Bubbles had her first real photo shoot. I will post pics and change list tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I woke too late to have done anything with My Baby yet this morning ;)
BUT!
I`ll get the rear lights off to see IF my turn/running lights and extra brakelights wiring has gone awry and causing her to blow the fuse when I apply the front brake...
I MIGHT even get the extra brakelights remounted to my new (to me) Road King saddlebags I installed...
It`ll be raining shortly, so I might as well make time,
Dennis

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
Excellent looking bike pizza pablo
Thanks! The cleanliness of the wheels was really impressive. Aside from very minor tank scratching, it looks brand new.
Since the tires are original and beyond their shelf life, I ordered a pair of Shinko 777.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Been att this morning and can squeeze the brake and NOT blow a fuse now ;)
Now I can mount my EXTRA Brakelight LEDs///
Then I`ll be Moving on to the right turn issue I`ve beena procrastinating over 2 years on...
I`m really thinking on taking the bike apart for paint, BUT I still wanna change the rear fender and get a fairing before I do...
I got a friend who told me he`ll pay for painting it, (way back when I wrecked)
Dennis

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Mounted my extra brakelight LEDs to the saddlebags yesterday evening...
That double sided tape, what comes on them, was shot, so I used clear silicone to fasten them...
I`ll go see IF it held,
Dennis

·
Registered
221 Posts
2 things:
First, I installed my new Mustang seat. Panda says it is so much more comfortable. You wouldn't know it by her face.

Second, I tried out my new DIY roll bag. Ok, not really a bag. Took an old Igloo cooler, removed the spigot and put in a plug.
Painted it all black. Scuffed it a bit to make some black paint stick to it. Wrapped it with some tool drawer liner.
Put 2 eye hooks in it so I could strap to the luggage rack. And abracadabra , new hard waterprooof roll bag.
Another semi good thing is, if I don't have my backrest mounted, I can lean just a bit further back and still have one.

Not today, but I fixed up the ****pit for LD travel. Got my GPS, camera, and 2 12 volt outlets. The left outlet is for phone & gps and connect via SAE/battery tender plug, so it is low amps.
The one on the right side of the handlebar is 15 amp and can power my air compressor. Mini boards 'cause I didn't like the full boards or pegs. These fit me better.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
2 things:
First, I installed my new Mustang seat. Panda says it is so much more comfortable. You wouldn't know it by her face.

Second, I tried out my new DIY roll bag. Ok, not really a bag. Took an old Igloo cooler, removed the spigot and put in a plug.
Painted it all black. Scuffed it a bit to make some black paint stick to it. Wrapped it with some tool drawer liner.
Put 2 eye hooks in it so I could strap to the luggage rack. And abracadabra , new hard waterprooof roll bag.
Another semi good thing is, if I don't have my backrest mounted, I can lean just a bit further back and still have one.

Not today, but I fixed up the ****pit for LD travel. Got my GPS, camera, and 2 12 volt outlets. The left outlet is for phone & gps and connect via SAE/battery tender plug, so it is low amps.
The one on the right side of the handlebar is 15 amp and can power my air compressor. Mini boards 'cause I didn't like the full boards or pegs. These fit me better.
I love it when a plan comes together!!!
Dennis

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
2 things:

I ordered a Mustang Wide Touring seat solo with backrest and fender bib, today.

Now to figure out what's causing my shoulder pain when riding over an hour.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Now to figure out what's causing my shoulder pain when riding over an hour.
Too heavy helmet? Wrong position handlebar? Length of reach to handlebar? If you've addressed these already, could it be pinched nerve? Or spinal problem?

My LS2 helmet came with a blowup collar to support the helmet on the shoulders. Lots of people have sore necks from modular helmets due to most models being heavy.

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
Too heavy helmet? Wrong position handlebar? Length of reach to handlebar? If you've addressed these already, could it be pinched nerve? Or spinal problem?

My LS2 helmet came with a blowup collar to support the helmet on the shoulders. Lots of people have sore necks from modular helmets due to most models being heavy.
Yeah, one of those

My helmet is a Shoei RF-1200.
This is just definitely a different riding position. I came of a Yamaha FZ6.

I thought the reach was too far, so I lowered the bars down a bit, but on last night's ride, I realized that I have been leaning back, instead of sitting up straight. I'm going to put the bars back where they were and go from there.

·
Registered
2004 Aero VT750
22 Posts
Installed my new phone mount that I purchased on Amazon! Took it for a test ride around town and on the freeway and it holds up very well without any movement whatsoever. So far so good for a $16 phone mount...

16941 - 16960 of 17034 Posts