Honda Shadow Forums banner

16961 - 16980 of 17034 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
Installed my new phone mount that I purchased on Amazon! Took it for a test ride around town and on the freeway and it holds up very well without any movement whatsoever. So far so good for a $16 phone mount... View attachment 288462
View attachment 288463
View attachment 288464
I picked a great phone mount, from Amazon also.
The GUB Bicycle & Motorcycle Phone Mount. $21.
I put it on the Spirit, as soon as I bought the bike and rode 150 miles home, a lot of it at about 80 mph.
I put my backup Samsung Galaxy S9 in it, just in case. No issues. Held onto the phone like a champ.
I've since put my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in it with the same results. I'm kinda surprised at its great performance.
I was looking at the Quadlock system, but their case is not compatible with the Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector AND it costs way more.

·
Registered
2004 Aero VT750
22 Posts
I picked a great phone mount, from Amazon also.
The GUB Bicycle & Motorcycle Phone Mount. $21.
I put it on the Spirit, as soon as I bought the bike and rode 150 miles home, a lot of it at about 80 mph.
I put my backup Samsung Galaxy S9 in it, just in case. No issues. Held onto the phone like a champ.
I've since put my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in it with the same results. I'm kinda surprised at its great performance.
I was looking at the Quadlock system, but their case is not compatible with the Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector AND it costs way more.
Nice! I actually thought about getting that one but decided on this one instead. I like the fact that's it's not plastic also!

·
Registered
607 Posts
a pricier option for a phone holder is Quadlock Shop Moto It works great and the case is very good as well. I have dropped my new Samsung phone a few times onto hard surfaces and no issues......and the actual holder, keeps it firmly in place. I think when u first make an account, they senfd you a 10% off coupon too. And if you dont want to buy the case...they offer a universal kit..where the "holder" glues on to the back of ur phone. I had that on my prior phone and it worked well..BUT then ur phone isnn't flat on the back.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Out in the shop today again :D After I finish making feeders, I`ll get my wiring done to get my brakelights working as they were before my Deer encounter...
I don`t remember the cause for it, BUT, Two different brakelights come on now...
I squeeze the brake, = the 2 LED strips (I`m re-mounting/re-wiring) light up and I Press the pedal = the stock light comes on...
It IS eye catching when I alternate squeeze - press whilst stopping... ;)
I`ll see IF John wants to ride this afternoon,
Dennis

·
Registered
221 Posts
Installed my new phone mount that I purchased on Amazon! Took it for a test ride around town and on the freeway and it holds up very well without any movement whatsoever. So far so good for a $16 phone mount...
My GPS went Kaput due to bad SD card a week ago. Had to use Gmaps for find the geo tag. Got me to rethinking if I want to mount a phone as a backup.
Didn't like those rubber bands with Ram holding my phone. Seen several of them break just because the rubber cracked/dried. It also covers part of the screen.
The quadloc is nice, but don't have one that fit my phone. Then I read the reply that said they made a glue on adapter. Was reconsidering.
Your post and pics looks like the best alternative I've seen so far. Looks good. From the looks of it, it cradles the phone without covering any of the screen.
I have the LG V30.
Anywho, thanks for that post w/pics for another thing to take my $$$$$.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
....Didn't like those rubber bands with Ram holding my phone. Seen several of them break just because the rubber cracked/dried. It also covers part of the screen.
The quadloc is nice, but don't have one that fit my phone. Then I read the reply that said they made a glue on adapter. Was reconsidering.
Check this out...Another option to consider:

Amazon.com: RAM Quick-Grip XL Phone Holder with Ball

It's made by RAM, it's ugly, and it takes a bit of playing around to position the arms correctly before you first use it, but I've been using one for years and never once had an issue with it securing my phone(s). No rubber bands, and the phone is held by 6 points of contact.

You'll still need to buy a RAM ball mount base to attach it to if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I bought my bike some new pajamas a few days ago...A new motorcycle cover. I don't throw anything away that I can't repair, but the old one was so worn, patched and threadbare that it finally ripped itself a huge hole when I last tried to put it on.

With few places to go other than day rides this year, even getting a new motorcycle cover is a big event. ;)

Reactions: Clampett

·
Registered
2004 Aero VT750
22 Posts
My GPS went Kaput due to bad SD card a week ago. Had to use Gmaps for find the geo tag. Got me to rethinking if I want to mount a phone as a backup.
Didn't like those rubber bands with Ram holding my phone. Seen several of them break just because the rubber cracked/dried. It also covers part of the screen.
Your post and pics looks like the best alternative I've seen so far. Looks good. From the looks of it, it cradles the phone without covering any of the screen.
I have the LG V30.
Anywho, thanks for that post w/pics for another thing to take my $$$$$.
Yeah I don't like the rubber bands on the RAM phone holder either that's why I decided to try this and I'm glad that I did! Here are pictures of my actual phone mounted on the holder. I use my slim phone case when I mount my phone, fits and holds very well!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got the old girl firing on both cylinders! Unfortunately, the front cylinder is leaking oil like a sieve from the gaskets, and that cylinder’s carburetor throat is filling up with gas when the key is turned on...

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Got the old girl firing on both cylinders! Unfortunately, the front cylinder is leaking oil like a sieve from the gaskets, and that cylinder’s carburetor throat is filling up with gas when the key is turned on...
I had the front cylinder gasket leaking on mine too, it is because the heat from exhaust dried out that gasket and `twas brittle...
I didn`t ride yesterday,
Dennis

No I ain`t followed the turn signal circuit all the way yet

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I didn`t think of you just now putting it back together and all being new...
I had replied the cause for mine leaking...
I ain`t 100% when I read things sometimes ;)

HOWEVER >

I went out to the shop with DETERMINATION!!!
Determination to achieve a goal I`ve been procrastinating for TOO LONG!!!
I`ve got power to my Right rear turn signal now
I really went out there to patch the tube for my 8N :D

I`m curious though!
Have any of y`all had issues with wiring going bad???
Some of You may recall > I had to run a wire to get the Brakelight to come on when I pull the lever....
Then I hadta run another wire to get the left rear turn signal to operate,AND NOW, I just ran another one from behind the headlight to get the right rear turn to work...
SO NOW, I`ve got some wires "deadended" and others soldered under the side cover what holds the fuse box...
I think, I`ll really investigate these circuits when I pull her apart to paint...
I`ll clean all the grime off the wire harness and frame that has accumulated since 1998, and go through it to FIND where these issues originated...
While I have the cluster dismounted, I changed the taglight bulb I found blown too...
Dang HONDA went though a LOT of effort to make changing that bulb VERY DIFFICULT!!!

I`m glad I grew up working with wires and soldering,
Dennis

I think I`ll get her back together for a "Sunset Cruise"
I enjoy wrenching > BUT >>> I LOVE RIDING!!!!!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I`ll get everything back together, get her off the lift and go for a ride...
I think I`ll run up to Butler to the "gun store" and get a box of 40 cal ammo...
Then go shoot it up,
Dennis
I gotta stock up on fuses too whilst I`m there ;)

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Whaddamistake!!!
After I refastened the turn/tag light fixture I reached up to turn the key ON, it was ALREADY ON...
I had gone inside for several hours too, Yes this = Dead Battery;)
Charged it overnight and installed the headlight this morning, it`s still on charge, with 98% on the meter...
Procrastinating comes Too EASY @Troy Jollimore
Dennis

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
Whaddamistake!!!
After I refastened the turn/tag light fixture I reached up to turn the key ON, it was ALREADY ON...
I had gone inside for several hours too, Yes this = Dead Battery;)
Charged it overnight and installed the headlight this morning, it`s still on charge, with 98% on the meter...
Procrastinating comes Too EASY @Troy Jollimore
Dennis
It's not that I'm lazy, I just enjoy dying nothing.

16961 - 16980 of 17034 Posts