Honda Shadow Forums banner

16981 - 17000 of 17038 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I got everything back together except the battery cover and seat, that battery is still charging, it WAS DEAD!
Procrastinate is the word of the day,
Dennis
Gotta make a run to town to buy a few items, I`ll prolly just fire her up and let the on board charging system finish it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Removed the poorly fabricated sissy bar from the previous owner and installed an vertical axel mounted license plate holder. I also installed a blue Halo LED bulb as a replacement to stock bulb. Throws an unexpected light pattern but I think in the end it will be better than stock.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
BREAK TIME!!!
I went out this morning and saw the battery is FULLY Charged now, so I disconnected it when went to moving my pig pen to another spot, moved the two goats to green stuff, then went to cut through what seems like a Jungle of vines, plum trees, gum trees and several lawnmowers, tractors and other junk in the way...
It IS HOT here in GA this morning!!!
`Twas ONLY 71 when I pointed the thermometer at the ground as I climbed into the Dodge Ram to go to the "Jungle"...
Now I gotta go to town and get a tube for my tractor and get it back together, so I can pull the trees from the lady`s yard and to the burn pile...
I HOPE I get my seatback on my Baby, So I can do the "Sunset Cruise" this evening on MyBaby...
I like riding the VTX of my son`s...
BUT, I haven`t ridden mine in quite a spell
Dennis

BREAK TIME!!!!
AC & Cold water Break until the Shadows get long

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Got to take her on another 200 mile lunch run. Rode passenger boards down for a friend and fellow biker lost to cancer last Saturday. Nice day to ride and brought back many fond memories. RIP my friend.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I gotta go back to the wiring and see IF I can find the problem...
I test rode and it blew the fuse again, I parked it back on the operating table...
I know what it is NOT,
Dennis

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
690 Posts
Rode 145 miles and managed to keep the throttle hand relaxed more than usual and nearly pulled off 60mpg at 55-65mph, beat my previous best by over 1mpg, 58.2mpg today. Excellent.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Squirted some gloss black tractor paint as a base then flat vinyl and cloth dye over that, can't stand the glare when the sun is high in the sky, it reflects right in my eyes making it impossible to see, if it doesn't hold up too well I'll try getting some matte vinyl wrap.

Got back from a ride, much better, but it's fragile, which I knew from start, got a few nicks just putting it back together, probably just carefully bead blast it, done it before on plastic, it deforms and looks like tinfoil peeling off usually, as long as it's thick enough.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I`d hafta cover everything chrome on my bike to get rid of the reflection ;)
It seems everything blinds me when the sun reflects from it...
Hadn`t thought about "Dulling" the chrome,
Dennis

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,847 Posts
How about a flat clear enamel spray paint, to see how that works, and it should clean off the chrome if not so good.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
690 Posts
Took it up one of my favorite roads today, weather was incredible. This pull-over area is a little over 7,000 feet up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rapped smartly on the carb that was filling/leaking gasoline. However, when test-firing, the front cylinder would only fire under full choke. I drained the carb bowl on that carb, then decided to try again. Gasoline suddenly everywhere! So we pulled those carbs and installed the second set I had ready. Test fire was instant! And that was a bit troubling, because choke didn’t seem to matter anymore. Maybe jetted way rich? Something else to look at.

Also came onto the head bolts more to torque them to slightly higher values. Oil leaks appear to have stopped, save one around one cam plug. Found the clutch fluid reservoir filled with gel/crystals, so will have to clean that out completely...

·
Registered
153 Posts
How about a flat clear enamel spray paint, to see how that works, and it should clean off the chrome if not so good.
I have found that the Krylon spray paint made for plastic, wipes off with oderless minerial spirits (OMS).
So that's what I use for paint I might want remove at a later date.
easy-peesy,
:D
Edit: I suggest to test this on something else though...(y)

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Whew! It is HOT out there!!!
I did see the thermometer come down from 94 to 93, but it went back up immediately to 95...
Ain`t doing NOTHING outside today,
Dennis

Not even Leaning Left

16981 - 17000 of 17038 Posts