Honda Shadow Forums banner

17081 - 17100 of 17157 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rang out the regulator/rectifier and stator, searching for the short. Cursed at bike. Changed spark plugs. Cursed at bike. Tried the starter. Cursed at bike. Drained the crankcase breather drain tube & put new fuse box cover on. Didn't curse at bike.

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Rang out the regulator/rectifier and stator, searching for the short. Cursed at bike. Changed spark plugs. Cursed at bike. Tried the starter. Cursed at bike. Drained the crankcase breather drain tube & put new fuse box cover on. Didn't curse at bike.

And NOW your Bike has been Cursed!!!

;)

Things will get better,
Dennis

Can`t get much worse>> Huh?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I do not post very often other than to maybe welcome new members, but I thought this was worthwhile. patch.png
Not today but last Friday just outside of Tuscaloosa Alabama several of us met up with the Fallen Soldier’s Memorial Torch Run 2020 as they were making their way from Jackson, Mississippi to Tuscaloosa to honor a Fallen Soldier at a local restaurant. After the presentation we then went to the Veteran's Memorial Park in Tuscaloosa. After this stop the group then went to Birmingham for the last presentation for the day. The Memorial group then went to the American Legion Post 107 in Leeds, Alabama for the night.
Several of us met them at the Legion Post about 7:00 Saturday and about 8:45 the group headed out for a presentation in Oxford Alabama. I had to leave the group at this point and head back home, but the group left Oxford for several stops in Georgia where they had I believe 6 presentations that evening.
The Fallen Soldier’s Memorial Torch Run 2020 is from July 12 ~ August 2, 2020 and started in Eugene Oregon and will end at Arlington National Cemetery in Washington D.C.

Great group of folks on a great mission, Honoring Gold Star Families. Warren, Go-Go, Stupid, Dave, Bill and so many others are just a really great group to ride with.
If any of you are interested you can find them on fb at Tribute to Fallen Soldiers Northwest and on the web at

Other than a respect for what they are doing and their message I do not speak for nor do I
represent them.
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0142.JPG IMG_0231.JPG IMG_32.png
IMG_40.png
IMG_0319.JPG

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Very worthy!!!
Thanks @KCochran

Ain`t done nothing but walk by my Baby today, BUT I`m Riding my regular sunset cruise.....
Ain`t seen you post much lately,
Dennis

·
Registered
2001 VT750 Shadow Spirit
61 Posts
I removed and cleaned my front fender. After replacing the bracket I decided i'm 90% sure the tire will rub even with correct tire pressure so I modified the bracket by adding 1 inch in height to it.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
821 Posts
Woke up early to get a ride in before the temps hit 100F+ today... had the pleasure of figuring out that one of my local routes had just performed 10 miles of tar and chip road covering, wow does that dust hurt the eyes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Washed the big bike (Gertrude - 2000 Kawi Voyager XII). Made a face at Geraldine (VT500 Shadow).

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Started prepping it for the 1440 mile ride to Sturgis...starting on Saturday.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I broke the final drive filler bolt replacing the fluids. Everything I touch on this old bike breaks. By the time I’m done with just maintenance on this bike I paid $650 for I’ll be into several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Pushed my mirrors as far forward as possible and tightened the lock nut...
I beena procrastinating this for TOO LONG...
Reading on a thread here reminded me,
Dennis

Gotta Test Ride the adjustment, I`ll be back in three days...
Maybe two months :D

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Went back just now, and cleared the runway for her "pull through parking space" in the polebarn...
I ain`t gotta back outta there no more...
Boy can I collect junk,
Dennis

Thinking on riding

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
That's not junk, that's inventory waiting to be put to use!
Back when I was planning the polebarn,I was told to build it twice as big as I think I need it and it`ll still be too small...
I DID & It IS!!

!I put my hands on several things, clearing the path,
Dennis

·
Registered
18 Posts
New fill plug arrived today. New master cylinder will be here tomorrow. Then I should be close to fixing all the PO mistakes and I can start creating mine.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
@Theja1 Shiny side up, brother! If you haven’t been, the black hills and Iron Mt are awesome!
As for me... I moved my bike around the garage to get it out of the way to change my wife’s bike’s handlebars, risers, mirrors, and clutch cable out.
Hope fully this weekend or next, I will get my train horn installed....

17081 - 17100 of 17157 Posts