Honda Shadow Forums banner

17101 - 17120 of 17157 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
@Theja1 Shiny side up, brother! If you haven’t been, the black hills and Iron Mt are awesome!
As for me... I moved my bike around the garage to get it out of the way to change my wife’s bike’s handlebars, risers, mirrors, and clutch cable out.
Hope fully this weekend or next, I will get my train horn installed....
Thanks...second time, so we are looking forward to it!

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Thanks...second time, so we are looking forward to it!

Stay Safe Brother, enjoy the journey

Dennis

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
203 Posts
Sat on it in the garage about 50 times, in between removing the seat, measuring, and squeezing the ultra gel pad I got. A lot of thinking about what @Froth did to "scoop out" his seat, how I want to get further back, and how I'd like to ride longer than 45 minutes without my behind raging. With good weather and new bike I found out the stock seat is completely unacceptable in the comfort area, but I love the look and am doing a stealth upgrade this weekend...the thing where you core out the seat foam to match gel pad, insert that and cover it back up. Sounds and looks easy on YouTube, so it should be an ungodly nightmare that I regret starting.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Went out for an hour after dark tonight. Did about 40 miles and she ran great. (86 VT700C). Did a backroad with alot of twists and turns, as well as some highway. A nice ride.

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
Did FOR my Bike rather than to my bike yesterday...
Attended ABATE of GA meeting to look out for Motorcycle Riders in GA...
Passing through or living in GA, We got your back...
Will do it again today at the district thirteen meeting....
Yes, We RIDE,
Dennis

Join us

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Got day one in the books. About to start day two.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Two days down...

·
Registered
2004 Aero VT750
32 Posts
Nice! How hard was the install? I have a 1985 Shadow VT500C and was thinking of replacing original to LED
It was actually pretty easy to install, the LED headlight fits pretty good in the OEM headlight bracket. I drilled 2 holes on the top and bottom side of the new headlight to hold it in place with 2 screws. The output of the LED headlight is great and I can definitely see much better at night.

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
95 Posts
I posted it on Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up.
Primary bike is now a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000. It has the same weight and torque as the Spirit, with another gear and a bit more horsepower.

·
Registered
16,836 Posts
After church, I rode to town to meet up with my wife at her church, to head to our district meeting yesterday...
Yeah, I went the Long Way ;)

Service Work!!!
It was an ABATE weekend... our Statewide meeting where all our districts met Saturday in Macon, then in Ashburn our district 13 met...
Join ABATE in your state
Working for motorcyclists in GA, whether riding through or residing in GA, We Fight for YOUR Freedom of the Road...

`Twas a nice day for a ride,

Dennis

Parked in her regular spot, it`s GREAT > NOT hafta work on her
It`s a HONDA

·
Registered
677 Posts
I posted it on Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up.
Primary bike is now a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000. It has the same weight and torque as the Spirit, with another gear and a bit more horsepower.
Well,,, The orange ones are nice,,, (but the green ones are nicer!) ;) a bit more power? Is it still in low power mode?

As for the Honda, I replaced the carb diaphrams yesterday,,, going to work on the front suspension a bit tomorrow.

Reactions: pizza_pablo

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
95 Posts
Well,,, The orange ones are nice,,, (but the green ones are nicer!) ;) a bit more power? Is it still in low power mode? View attachment 289236

As for the Honda, I replaced the carb diaphrams yesterday,,, going to work on the front suspension a bit tomorrow.
Yes. Still low power and number 2 on traction control.
I figure when I get used to it, I'll go to full power and number 1 and it'll be like a new bike.

I really, really love the way it howls, when it gets to 7000 RPM!

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,313 Posts
Yes. Still low power and number 2 on traction control.
I figure when I get used to it, I'll go to full power and number 1 and it'll be like a new bike.

I really, really love the way it howls, when it gets to 7000 RPM!
Once you get used to those high revving engines it's hard to give them up. I still kept my high revving Yamaha Radian 600 and also have the Spirit 1100.

17101 - 17120 of 17157 Posts