Honda Shadow Forums banner

17201 - 17220 of 17271 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
My left side cover (stock) is easily removable with one hand and just barely hanging on, compared to the right side that is so snug I worry about breaking the thingies. What's interesting is I replaced them with Show Chrome covers, and both fit very snug and securely.
This wasn't today but my right side cover (all stock) was too loose. I realized a couple of the rubber grommets were missing, I just ordered some up, soaked them with wd40 to get them in place and covers fit perfect again.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
216 Posts
Mine has the grommets, but are cracked and old...the L stock cover fit much too loosely. The bling cover fits very tight even on the old grommets- go figure. Good call though, I bet missing grommets causes a lot of Shadow covers to go missing.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
216 Posts
Yesterday and today I rode around the block, basically. I'm oncall with work and can't get more than 10 minutes from my computer. I should just leave her alone, but I can't... even around the block is fun. This is the face of motorcycle addiction, gentlemen...it ain't pretty.

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
I located and painted my cowbell in order to reattach it...
It got scratched up in my Deer vs Motorcycle endeavor last year...
I call it my wife`s warning device to let her know that I`m coming up the drive and for to have time to get ridda the other fella ;)

Fresh paint`ll look GOOD,
Dennis

Wanna Ride? IF you`re in my area of swGA give me the heads up, we WILL

·
Registered
370 Posts
I located and painted my cowbell in order to reattach it...
It got scratched up in my Deer vs Motorcycle endeavor last year...
I call it my wife`s warning device to let her know that I`m coming up the drive and for to have time to get ridda the other fella ;)

Fresh paint`ll look GOOD,
Dennis

Wanna Ride? IF you`re in my area of swGA give me the heads up, we WILL
PICS ????

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Sabre VT1100C2
25 Posts
Received my cheap saddle bags from J&P and didn't realize I probably need some kind of mounting hardware? Saddle bags are new to me and I just wanted to put them on and go for a ride. Sigh

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Sabre VT1100C2
25 Posts
It got scratched up in my Deer vs Motorcycle endeavor last year
So...who won that encounter? I've been rammed in my driver door by a deer, can't imagine on a bike!

But, we all need more cowbell in our lives!

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Well @Tonic I guess the deer came out the loser, the sheriff deputy shot him to put it outta its misery...
I was in MUCH misery, wonder why he didn`t shoot me too ;)
My baby and I went tumbling, spinning and flopping 140 feet down the pavement...
HONDA sure makes a Tough bike!!!
Air-MED-Care $55 annually is well worth the price!!!
Really glad I had my leather on,
Dennis
IF you`re in my area of swGA give me the heads up, we WILL RIDE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nothing as interesting as you guys. Replaced the regulator/rectifier.

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
7,850 Posts

Replaced all 6 brake pads. Might have been time . Old vs new.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,439 Posts
Good to hear !

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
172 Posts
I replaced this leaking radiator hose. Seems like it was punctured which would be strange though so probably just a tiny crack. The overall condition of the hose compared to the new one makes me want to replace them all. Maybe someday...

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Installed my Highway bars (not today, actually on Sunday). So received them about 2 weeks ago, simple install right? Remove two bolts and loosen another, the top radiator bolt...come to find out the top radiator bolt was missing. Looked up the size and finally found one. Never thought to check that on what I call my "pre-flight" check, I will now.
Anyway, once I had that bolt, simple install? Yes, very, I was really pleased with the fit. Posting some pics, not the greatest quality though...
HWY1.jpeg
HWY2.jpeg

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
50 Posts
Installed my Highway bars (not today, actually on Sunday). So received them about 2 weeks ago, simple install right? Remove two bolts and loosen another, the top radiator bolt...come to find out the top radiator bolt was missing. Looked up the size and finally found one. Never thought to check that on what I call my "pre-flight" check, I will now.
Anyway, once I had that bolt, simple install? Yes, very, I was really pleased with the fit. Posting some pics, not the greatest quality though... View attachment 289784 View attachment 289785
What year is that bike?
And could you tell me where and what highway bars that you bought?
The reason I am asking because I have ordered two sets and neither one of them fit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
50 Posts
Today I went to the next city north of here and got a set of Dunlop D404s put on my bike.
And then I rode 63 mi. to start to break them in.
There were two signs in the shop announcing rebates for them. I went online and found my tires on the Dunlop site. But they denied my rebate. I have no idea why because it is still in the time frame as reported in the posters.
I hate when companies do not live up to their promises!!!🤔🤪

·
Registered
106 Posts
What year is that bike?
And could you tell me where and what highway bars that you bought?
The reason I am asking because I have ordered two sets and neither one of them fit.
Thanks!
Hey JDerrick, she's a 1999 ACE VT750CD A. These are Cobra bars. I originally was going thru JP Cycles, did the whole fitment thing with them and when I went to order they were out of stock. So now I had the Mfg item number and googled it. Ended up on Dennis Kirk, Inc, not only did they have the same item available but it was also about $30 less.
The fit was tight getting past the plastic radiator grill but still able to do it.

Hope this helps!

17201 - 17220 of 17271 Posts