Honda Shadow Forums banner

17221 - 17240 of 17271 Posts

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Yesterday I rode...
Checked tension & Lubed the chain on the bridge I had parked on overnight, crawdad fishing the night before...
I couldn`t just go and return...
I HAD TO Ride,
Dennis

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
It'll heal. I got back on her and rode 1/4 mile back to our clubhouse after I did it. Then the pain set in.
Dude, if you want attention just holler, you don't have to ditch the ride to do it!
Sorry man, praying for a speedy recovery!

Which bike?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Dude, if you want attention just holler, you don't have to ditch the ride to do it!
Sorry man, praying for a speedy recovery!

Which bike?

Well ya know I just got bored and figured what else can I do to make this year suck more? Lol. Appreciate that, and hope it is too.

The harley

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Well ya know I just got bored and figured what else can I do to make this year suck more? Lol. Appreciate that, and hope it is too.

The harley
I hate you went down, but glad it wasn't worst!
Yep, 2020, it can go the hell away FAST!

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Get well @enforcer76 ...
I`m praying for you, and everyone concerned in this...
I sure hate that!
I KNOW how it is too, I`m still not 100% from April 2019 Deer vs Motorcycle escapade...

OBEY your Dr & therapist...

Heal Well,
Dennis

I Rode through a tankful of gas today...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Decided to take a short staycation (not like I could go anywhere anyway) and do a bunch of bike work this weekend. Bobbed off the back end, welding on a new seat mount, license plate frame and new tail light support. Almost done wiring that back up. Removed the old headlight assembly and mounted the new one, almost done pulling and re-arranging the wires on that, too. Learning a lot as I go.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
142 Posts
Learned a lesson in looking for the small details. I recently replaced my worn out rear tire with a similar size tire. I went from a 180/70-15 to a 170/80-15. I have read that the narrower tire holds the intended shape better than a fat tire on a narrow rim. I decided to try this out. 180/70 vs 170/80....cant be too much difference in the height. After the install I had to make some "adjustments" with a deadblow hammer to the fender struts. (not stock) fender is held in place by 2 side struts that were modified to give close clearance to the 180/70. where the struts mount to the fender, I ended up with about 2mm of clearance between the mounting hardware and the tire. Test ride went well but after riding it to work on Thursday, something shifted and I ended up with racing stripes on the outer edges of my new tires. Had to modify by grinding off the nuts fron the end of the struts and countersinking flat head screws through the struts and fender then capping them off with acorn nuts. All went well but still a lesson in paying attention to the small details before making changes to your bike.

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Parked it outside last night so I could wipe the dew off`n her to clean it up a bit, and I wiped her down this morning, First Thing...
She`s clean now,
Dennis

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,439 Posts
Mountain dew is a very good cleaner. o_O

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
106 Posts
Replaced the front brake fluid and bled the line 'til it ran clear...should not need to mess with fluids for a bit. Changed the engine oil & filter (Amsoil 10W-40 Synthetic) a couple of weeks ago and the coolant has lot's and lot's of miles and smiles before changing is needed.

Was gonna post this on Labor Day, but forgot. Took the pic with one of my work trucks just before Labor Day. Get it?

-- Labor Day -- Work Truck -- ?

:)

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
17221 - 17240 of 17271 Posts