Honda Shadow Forums banner

17241 - 17260 of 17271 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried to put a sissy bar on my Phantom that I got off of Amazon. Bad purchase. I would had to use spacers for days, it was way to wide. The problem is that I've been trying to find a third party mfgr sissy bar that doesn't cost a fortune. Not sure that is avoidable at this point. The hunt continues.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I tried to put a sissy bar on my Phantom that I got off of Amazon. Bad purchase. I would had to use spacers for days, it was way to wide. The problem is that I've been trying to find a third party mfgr sissy bar that doesn't cost a fortune. Not sure that is avoidable at this point. The hunt continues.
Won't it bend inwards to fit??
Lord knows I've had to Clamp then attach many of the old
"Universal" bars of the past ;)

Although, being older, the tall sissy bars are no longer needed,
a trunk rack is better, usually with a backrest pad for the Ladies! ;)
In this way a spare helmet is always close at hand...
along with rainsuits & spare tools!

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't imagine clamping it, I'd have to seriously deform the bar. If screwed the sissy bar into the support bars and lowered it over the fender struts there'd be at least an inch on either side. IF I clamped and muscled that onto the bike, the included rack would never fit. Its going back. I found a nice tall one but it is perpetually of stock. My next step is Honda oem parts. Not exactly what I want but I bet it fits.

·
Registered
16,921 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trimmed and welded a horizontal bar across the back light bracket, so now the bobber has a proper rear handle (and the plasma rod lights aren't stabbing my kidneys). Took it for a short run around and tried to track down this faint hot plastic smell (no luck, but no obvious hot wires/plastic?) and noticed how the wobble that was around 35mph is now moved up to about 55mph since I did the major modifications. I think the front rim is just a touch bent but I hope I can live with it because I've never laced a spoked wheel, let alone balanced or mounted tires, etc etc. Also almost broadsided a bus that decided to suddenly pull perpendicular across all 3 lanes right in front of me. I was due for a 'new shorts' moment anyway. :/

·
Registered
27 Posts
In all seriousness, have you thought about making your own? A basic flux core welder, angle grinder with cutting/grinding wheels and some tube steel isn't that expensive and then you have the tools to make cool stuff forever.

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
No riding for us in swGA this week...
Rain has done set in here for a few days thanks to Sally...
Her eye will be right over us Thursday& Friday as a tropical storm...

We be praying for folks in her path,
Dennis

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
New rear shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
142 Posts
Finally finished assembling the VT700
Almost done with my carbon fibre trailer :cool:
Cleaned the garage.
Then went to get some fuel (we call it petrol on this side of the pond) then ended in St. Andrews and a wee trip of 70 miles :) View attachment 290181
That carbon fiber trailer would make a great little utility sidecar.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,439 Posts
In Java, only 4 wheels is too little. Look at this parade. Crazy stuff.

17241 - 17260 of 17271 Posts