Honda Shadow Forums banner

17341 - 17360 of 17367 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,047 Posts
Just got back from the grocer.
It's cheaper when you take the bike as you can't fit as much.
Stops those spur of the moment purchases and pies and cakes don't travel well on the bike, so it helps me avoid turning into an even larger piglet.

Changed the sprockets and chain a couple of weeks ago, RK chain and PBI sprockets.
124 tooth chain,16 tooth front, 44 tooth rear. (-:

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
Got back from my ride yesterday, helped John Boy get his new carburator on his "Big Bear"400...
I then sat in the 'hunting lodge" and shot a doe right before dark...
Then hadta track her through the coyote infested woods, got finished cleaning her about 10 last night...
They usually drop when I pull the trigger,
Dennis

Very seldom run more than 50 feet

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Got back from my ride yesterday, helped John Boy get his new carburator on his "Big Bear"400...
I then sat in the 'hunting lodge" and shot a doe right before dark...
Then hadta track her through the coyote infested woods, got finished cleaning her about 10 last night...
They usually drop when I pull the trigger,
Dennis

Very seldom run more than 50 feet
Always nice when you don't have to exercise those tracking skills, especially with an evening kill.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
142 Posts
Finally re-installed the carbs on the Valkyrie...

What the...? Oh, that's the picture form the shop manual.

Here's the real picture from this evening...

I think I'm close to having it back together right (except for the two vent tubes that I ran towards the front instead of the rear...not sure why :geek:).

Tomorrow I'll install the air box (after re-routing the carb rail vent tubes :geek:), then install the Tank and see if she starts. Battery Tender is on for the night to top off the battery.

Yesterday I re-installed the pair valves and the day before that I replaced radiator hoses and radiator fluid.

🔧

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
What with that 38I rear, I don`t notice the change until yesterday, when coming outta the curves, it showed up...
AND those "Opps! I`m still in second" slow maneuvers, is when it REALLY showed it`s change...
That`ll take some getting used to,
Dennis

Dang!
I hate it when I find I forgot my " Hunter Orange" about the time, I climb outta the stand & wanna get in the woods to still hunt...

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
Always nice when you don't have to exercise those tracking skills, especially with an evening kill.
Yeah, and @smilie about the time we got started tracking in the thick woods, I remembered some of them little tricks I`ve picked up through the years...
1) the roll of (white) toilet paper or reflective tape for marking "last blood" once the blood drops starts getting spread out & difficult to find
2) something other than a pocket knife to finish her off once ya find it
Yeah, Neither John nor me, Well he had his 45 (BUT didn`t have it loaded???) He found this out when we heard the first coyote yelp, Yeah even I heard it...He had cleaned the 45 that morning and didn`t reload :(
3) leave a light on in the truck at the edge of the woods, so you can go straight out
4) that little piece of cord to tie feet together to drag with
5) etc..

.I know I thought of more things, whilst them coyotes were letting us know they were there
Dennis

Yeah about 60 pounds of meat for the co$t of a bullet

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
What with that 38I rear, I don`t notice the change until yesterday, when coming outta the curves, it showed up...
AND those "Opps! I`m still in second" slow maneuvers, is when it REALLY showed it`s change...
That`ll take some getting used to,
I went the other way due to the reduced low speed torque due to engine mods.
16 x 44 instead of 17 x 41 and a few rides in I'm still saying "That`ll take some getting used to".
Mostly due to added punch in the same situations that you mentioned noticing the gearing change.

With such a familiar bike you get used to shifting at certain speeds and your brain auto shifts for things like certain corners and now it's retraining time.

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
Yes @CSRoad I think IF I were to do the dragon for a weekend, I`d be well familiarized with it :D
Traffic slows down around this time of year too, at the Tail o0f the Dragon...
I wonder IF rates come down for rooms,
Dennis

Lovin` that 38T
A familiar to me, "Snake Road" over by Buena Vista was my test ride to check it out...
70+ miles round trip

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
171 Posts

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Yes @CSRoad I think IF I were to do the dragon for a weekend, I`d be well familiarized with it :D
Traffic slows down around this time of year too, at the Tail o0f the Dragon...
I wonder IF rates come down for rooms,
Dennis

Lovin` that 38T
A familiar to me, "Snake Road" over by Buena Vista was my test ride to check it out...
70+ miles round trip
Leaves are In peak season, so rooms and campsites were full last weekend, went camping In Cherokee. Took the kids up before school was full bore.
It was purty!
And to he on track .....I ran mine in the shop for a while, probably 20 minutes, got her GOOD and hot, went through the gears gently on center stand. If life with two boys and a home grooming business ever slow down, Imagonna ride it! I did wipe her down really good and whispered sweet nothings to her.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,721 Posts
I changed out my plugs wires that were probably original but still worked. Maybe 35 year old wires. New copper core wires with no resistor end caps for full zap.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
171 Posts
I changed out my plugs wires that were probably original but still worked. Maybe 35 year old wires. New copper core wires with no resistor end caps for full zap.
So, do you notice any difference after the change?
Where did you go for the wires ?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,721 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
171 Posts

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
Yeah @swifty2014 I make my own too for the tractors
Thanks for the link, I need some supplies...
My wires are origYnal and might aughtta get replaced...

I took off this morning for the 10 miles to town, I ended up putting 70+ on the odometer :D
Thought about a TN trip,
Dennis

Go to the store, come back three months later???

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,721 Posts
@"Captain D", That's funny!
No wonder you have many miles of smiles on your bike.

17341 - 17360 of 17367 Posts