Honda Shadow Forums banner

17381 - 17400 of 17426 Posts

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Looking at Beaver Hide to fill the space between the saddlebags and fender rail today
BUT > I rode out a tankful of gas yesterday going to ABATE district 13 meeting in Ashburn :D:D

Lovin` this weather,
Dennis

·
Registered
17,048 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shook with rage and fury as waited for my clutch holder tool and 25mm socket to arrive so I can FINISH replacing the clutch plates and rebuild all of everything. I did put in the new TJ Brutal performance jets finally. I understand it a lot more now about it.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,916 Posts
Nice weather but will rain tomorrow and for a few days.
Took a nice ride to the store for a few things.
Went to Costco to get some gas and put the nozzle deep into the tank where it should shut off when it starts getting up near the neck.
But it didn't shut off so the tank got a gas bath.
Wiped it off and all is well except for the disgust with the nozzle.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Yeah @swifty2014 I don`t trust that shut off feature, therefore I watch as it fills...
I modified my "neck" so I can fill up into it in order to FULL TANK of gas...
Modified it before my Sturgis Trip,
Dennis

I Be Hating that "Gas Bath"

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,961 Posts
Gonna be installing a belly pan on the wing today! Then of course a test drive!

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
189 Posts
Put my winter mitts on my handlebars this past weekend. Came in handy these past 2 mornings. Temps were in the low 30's

·
Registered
5,932 Posts

Went for a little ride. Being in the north, we don’t get to ride in November very often. Last couple years the bike went into storage in October. This week looks like I’ll be riding to work too.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

Reactions: punxsybob

·
Registered
871 Posts
Got a 175 mile loop in yesterday,,, New Corbin seat on the Versys is definitely better than the stock seat.

Reactions: Bottlejunkie

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,130 Posts
Went for a fun mix it up ride today, in town, out of town, a few miles of freeway, a bit of shopping so I spread it out.
A beautiful day here, it was great.
Now I need to adjust and lube the recently replaced chain, they always seem to get longer after a few hundred miles and then settle down.
I need to stop the the headlight rim rattling. It's back, probably the electrical tape padding cut through, it has been a couple of years.
Other than that it just needs the usual check over and feeding with gas and she is good to go for more pre-winter miles of fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rode and Rode and Rode... Loving this stretch of sunny, warm weather here in the northeast. I find that I get a little twitchy if I go too long without riding. Between work/travel, rain and an early snow I went about a month without riding "Mabel". Oh yeah and finally named her "Mabel", came to me in a dream, not sure why 😁

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
230 Posts
@Bdilz99 Froze and froze and froze today...Hating the foggy cold here in the PNW. I also get weird if I go too long without a ride, but this winter I might keep Bubbles in the barn. I ALSO named her from a dream, that's crazy. "Bubbles" was the nickname for a spunky lass from my past who was also a blast to ride, so the moment it occurred to me that was it. My bike is now called what a 7 year-old would name her cat.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
170 Posts
I bled the front and rear brakes as well as the hydraulic clutch on Hildr the Valkyrie. Hildr is mighty happy to have fresh brake fluid all the way around!

Don't she look happy?

🔧

17381 - 17400 of 17426 Posts